Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI SW

The reverse lights do not work.

Checked the fuses, Bulbs, Reverse switch, all the other rear lights work, cannot see any corrosion on the rear light cluster contacts, the contacts to the bulbs are all okay.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine was the switch. I didn't even bother testing it, it was a few pounds from Euros when they were having one of their silly sales and it went in when I did the cam-belt as it took seconds to do then, rather than a while longer as a job in itself.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did test the switch which appeared to be working, but I also tried a known working switch from a donor vehicle just incase, still don't work ?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
reverse light switch is normally a simple push to make. Easiest way to test it is to pull the wires off it and bridge them. If the reverse lights then come on, switch is faulty.
If they do not light up, remove the bulbs and check the contacts in the holders for voltage. No voltage = wiring issue.
I assume you have CAREFULLY examined the fuses? i.e. removed them, checked for continuity with a meter and checked the contact surfaces are clean/corrosion free? Just looking at them is never good enough on a peugeot.... :nono:

Also check the loom from the gearbox to see it is not damaged somewhere.

the electrics on a peugeot have been most thoughtfully designed to make even the most optimistic of people want to stick their head into a blender when they go wheels up..!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did try bridging the wiring connector, but did not work.

Yes I physically removed the fuse and visually checked it, I didn't do a continuity check on it though.

I Will test for 12v at the bulb holders and try and trace the fault back then.
I will also check the wiring in the gear box area.

From memory, Peugeot have wire numbers dont they? so I can trace the wire back with out having to cut the whole loom open.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the reverse lights?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are those the wire numbers on the diagram? If so then yes, should work a treat, thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
yes the wire numbers are on the diagrams ,the numbers in the boxes are the connections on each unit

Terry

·
Registered
696 Posts
yes the wire numbers are on the diagrams ,the numbers in the boxes are the connections on each unit..

the numbers 6VBA,6VNV etc are the loom identifiers

Terry

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a massive help then, the wire numbers will make it so much easier to trace the wires back
Thank you very much

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm gonna check for 12v going in and out the BSI, if the BSI is faulty I'll just bypass it and make my own 12v for the reverse lights, hopefully though it's just a poor connection somewhere and I can fix it with out having to modify any wiring

1 - 15 of 15 Posts