Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

I bought a used 59 plate 207 1.4 8V having 85,500 miles, and it has this problem of the reverse lights and the air con not working.
The day I bought the car, I noticed only one of the reverse lights working (didn't care to check the air con at that time). I thought to my self that the car came with just one reverse light. A week after buying it, the cambelt snapped (it was replaced at 80,000 miles by the previous owner apparently). The dealer got the engine work done, with a new cam belt, IV and EV along with a new water pump. I also mentioned to them about the air con not working, to which they checked and said it was due to the refrigerant level being too low, the compressor wouldn't start. I get home and I notice that the reverse light won't get on when in the reverse gear. I didn't want to deal with those people again and started investigating myself.

The reversing switch had a continuity when in the reverse gear, but there was no power coming into the socket that the switch connects to, and neither was there any continuity. The bulbs are fine too (this is when I learnt that the car has two reversing lights). I even checked the fuses, both under the bonnet and behind the glovebox, all were fine. I believe it's the same wiring loom that runs from the battery to the reverse switch, the alternator and then to the compressor, which might suggest the reason for the air con to not work. (no power)
I took the car to a garage close to me, and they said that it is the fault of the BSI. They filled the air con system with the refrigerant as well, but the compressor wouldn't start, which they say is probably due to the BSI as well.

Any circuit diagrams or schematics or any sort of other troubleshooting methods would be of real help. My MOT is getting near, and the new MOT rule says that the reverse lights need to work, which is why I am worried. I don't really care for the air con. If things don't work out, I might run a wire from the reverse switch directly to the reverse lights, as a temporary solution just for the MOT sake.

Thank you!

VIN: VF3WCKFT09E064777

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Why do you not go back to the dealer you bought it from and get him to fix it?

The rules are straighforward, any fault found within 6 months of purchase is legally deemed to have been there at the point of sale, it's up to the dealer to prove otherwise.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Why do you not go back to the dealer you bought it from and get him to fix it?

The rules are straighforward, any fault found within 6 months of purchase is legally deemed to have been there at the point of sale, it's up to the dealer to prove otherwise.
On a 9 year old car?. Really?.

Roger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts