Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my reversing light bulb for an LED one (in the hope that I would be able to see better when parking next to a low wall in the dark - which was a failure!)

I have had this multi-LED type bulb fitted for 11months now but around a month ago I noticed that the light was on dimly when the car was locked!

I only got around to removing the cluster today and I recorded a video of the cluster on my phone showing that some of the LEDs were on (or on dimly!)

Weird stuff.

Anyone else had any issues like this? I haven't checked the voltage at the bulb holder, but I guess it would be minimal. Probably will check this tomorrow.

The light is not on when the boot is not shut fully or when the car is started etc, and it remains on for I'm not sure how long (over a minute) when the car is locked).

Si

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Si,

What you need is a can bus compatible bulb.

Explained simply the standard LED bulb you have installed will remain dimly lit due to the small current still flowing round the circuit. The can bus bulbs, despite being more expensive, have resistors across them to discharge the residual current.

What you need can be purchased here:

1pc 18SMD CANBUS ERROR FREE DRL 1156 S25 LED WHITE BULB 382 BA15S White REVERSE | eBay

Regards, willo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Ah yes, I thought I looked into this and for some reason I'm sure you didn't need it for the reversing bulb?

Also I'm definitely sure this did not occur during the first few months of being fitted. As it is very dark where I park and hence noticable!

Si

1 - 4 of 4 Posts