Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The reverse light on our 307 SW has stopped working.

Prior to this the reverse sensor was also intermittently not working, now neither work.

I've checked the bulb and fuses.

Weirdly if I remove the reverse light bulb the reverse sensor starts working again!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, silly question but how do I go about checking the earths? I've got a multimeter which I more or less know how to use, but what do I plug it up to to test the earths that relate to the reverse light?

Also would I test resistance across the reverse switch? Seems it's probably working as the reverse sensor does work (starts beeping) if I remove the light bulb, but maybe there's more to it than that?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Unplug the multiplug that goes to the reverse light (as if you were changing the bulb, on an SW) (make sure it's the correct side ;)) and check the connections - one or more contacts may be corroded. The earth wire is USUALLY green and yellow as one would expect, but not always...

·
5,659 Posts
Also worth disconnecting harness from gearbox switch and shorting pins in plug. If lights come on switch is faulty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi bluezee,
Did you find solution for your problem?
Yesterday I found same problem on my 307, reverse light not working.
Checked fuse, blub - nothing.
Same ocurrence, if bulb is removed from the socket then reverse sensors work...
I tried to connect bulb directly with wires and also doesn't work and at that connection moment reverse sensors stop working.
It seems that there is a short somewhere but I can't figure out what causes this.
My car were in the shop for clutch and some gear box gasket replacement. Maybe this caused it.

Best regards,
Lauri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts