Peugeot Forums banner

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Sam,
Where can i download peugeot backup sedre?
How did you connected the wire to the camera? Did you take off the socket from it and took each wire?
Many thanks,
Gabi
Hello Gabi,

For the sedert backup I just found iT somewhere online,
And for de camera I cut of the conector and just solderd the wire's together

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Gabi,

For the sedert backup I just found iT somewhere online,
And for de camera I cut of the conector and just solderd the wire's together
Hi Sam,

Just received my reverse camera. I will go to an electrician guy to put it for me. I will try with somebody from peugeot "unofficial" and if doesn't get it, i will come back to you.

Thanks,
Gabi

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Does anyone know how the signal video from the camera gets to the display? Is it hard wired or coded in some other way?

Reason I ask is that when I select reverse and the camera comes on, the signal to the DAB radio is reduced. Just wondering if the camera system could cause this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how the signal video from the camera gets to the display? Is it hard wired or coded in some other way?

Reason I ask is that when I select reverse and the camera comes on, the signal to the DAB radio is reduced. Just wondering if the camera system could cause this.
Don't know this, but if you have reverse sensors also, this reduces the audio signal from the DAB. Try to deactivate them and see if there is a difference when reversing. This is how the parking aid on rear works for peugeot

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Yes, I have since found it's not the actual camera anyway. But it's not to be confused with the parking aid beeps attenuating the audio - they do this no matter what source is playing. I now believe something is attenuating the RF signal from the aerial. But nothing to do with the camera as it still happens if the tailgate is open and camera is inhibited.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello guys,

I have 308 2015. I have Smeg+ unit also i opened my boot and take a look to the cableing, I have a socket for rear cam which is empy.

If i order a geniue camera from ebay can install that camera and activate with PP2000 or PSA-COM.

Because my dealer is very costly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Hello guys,

I have 308 2015. I have Smeg+ unit also i opened my boot and take a look to the cableing, I have a socket for rear cam which is empy.

If i order a geniue camera from ebay can install that camera and activate with PP2000 or PSA-COM.

Thanks.
Hi mate, it should work fine with someone with diagbox.

If you want, I have a genuine 308 reverse camera I can sell you, I took it out when I sold my 308 T9 a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

Thanks.
Hi, which model do you have? Asking as Peugeot stopped the camera on the Allure model sometime last year but it is an option. I have the 2016 Allure and was thinking if the wiring is there then may look into getting the camera.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is called comfort package in my country. Includes navi, sky view roof, start&stop, keyless entry, front and back parking sensors. But not the camera :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Paul,

I was looking into installing the reverse camera, i found the wiring schematics and traced them back the wires are already wired to the bsi and the head unit, so i should be able to put some new wires in and connect them to the original wires.
But i don't know how to program the video input, is it possible to explain this to me, maybe with some pictures of the diagbox screens (do i need a license or is it possible with the ofline version ?)
Hi can u make a guide step by step for us newbies?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I bought a second hand Peugeot 308SW 1.6 bluehdi 2015. It has a smeg+ and reverse sensors. So I am newbie to the forum.
The reverse ECU is Bosch.
0263004465 150508 SW 09.00
The diagbox cable is on the way, so I dont have right now to check more things.

Do you guys think if a get used camera from ebay will it work?

Also I have a question which is the correct part number
Which is the correct 9812503980 or 9805142080 ?
Do I need an extension cable to run from the plate to the ECU?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Hello I bought a second hand Peugeot 308SW 1.6 bluehdi 2015. It has a smeg+ and reverse sensors. So I am newbie to the forum.
The reverse ECU is Bosch.
0263004465 150508 SW 09.00
The diagbox cable is on the way, so I dont have right now to check more things.

Do you guys think if a get used camera from ebay will it work?

Also I have a question which is the correct part number
Which is the correct 9812503980 or 9805142080 ?
Do I need an extension cable to run from the plate to the ECU?

Thank you in advance!
Unless anything has changed, the dealer would need to get the camera activated for you. The version of Diagbox that will come with your cable will not likely be able to change the settings on your SMEG, only the BSI and ECU.

People have had mixed success with this, even with the dealers help i was never able to program the reverse camera on the smeg so the screen would not change.

Unless your car already has the wiring loom in the boot (it likely will not have it). Then you will need to run cables from the boot camera area to the glove box where you can connect the cables.

As for getting a camera from ebay, i wish you had wrote this a week earlier. I had one that i bought for £40 from a scrap yard (Car had head on crash) that i was trying to sell for ages. Last week I gave up and threw it in the bin!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unless anything has changed, the dealer would need to get the camera activated for you. The version of Diagbox that will come with your cable will not likely be able to change the settings on your SMEG, only the BSI and ECU.

People have had mixed success with this, even with the dealers help i was never able to program the reverse camera on the smeg so the screen would not change.

Unless your car already has the wiring loom in the boot (it likely will not have it). Then you will need to run cables from the boot camera area to the glove box where you can connect the cables.

As for getting a camera from ebay, i wish you had wrote this a week earlier. I had one that i bought for £40 from a scrap yard (Car had head on crash) that i was trying to sell for ages. Last week I gave up and threw it in the bin!!
Thank you for your prompt reply!
I hope I will find a dealer and help me to enabled in smeg. I am unlucky about your camera, because I want the reverse camera the last two months... :(
Anyway I will try to find one on ebay or somewhere else.
Thank you once again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
I've got a SMEG+ system and I would like to have a backup camera. I'm trying it with a OM camera not an original one. I've built in the camera and the cables and now I have to do the programming. I think with I don't need to program the BSI because the camera isn't comunicating with it. In the park assistan ECU I found the menu of the backup camera but I can't program SMEG+ because I have an F300 failure. Soon I'm going to the service where they'll fix it but the SMEG+ already has the backup function

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was using Diagbox 7.57.

I clicked repair and it did the global test. Once that had finished i clicked on Parking Aid.

The only option i had was 'viewing with configuration of parameters' and then it showed the erro

I did not get a message about 4 or 8 sensors.

When you were programming the SMEG was it just the one option you had to do? 'Presence of reversing camera signal'?
could you take a picture of your reverse ecu its behind the removable piece of tim in the boot of the car

Paul i Got same problem, so i dropped the idéa of install the backup camera, but after some months i did a retrofit of front parking radars so i replaced the parking aid ecu and now i am able to telecode the backup camera in the ecu

·
8,213 Posts
161 - 180 of 189 Posts