1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, but I'm trying to find out... I'm very keen to give this a try. In the video, he had it hooked up to the gearbox, so it must be possible :cool:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
No, but I'm trying to find out... I'm very keen to give this a try. In the video, he had it hooked up to the gearbox, so it must be possible :cool:
I used to have a cheapy DVD car player in an old 306 that had this feature.

Basically, it had a video in, and a "reverse in". Whenever the "Reverse In" went live it switched source on the DVD player to the Video In (Camera).

I put a feed straight from the reverse light into the "reverse in" worked perfectly. Every time I put the car in reverse, the unit switched to camera input.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The RT4 video cuts off at 5MPH, and I've read that there's a second video input on the back of the unit.

Jobs: have a look at config options in PP2k, photograph any unused ports on the back of the unit.

Worse case scenario is that you have to go into the menu to get the video, but that's still a cool mod. Actually, given that I have rear parking sensors I might prefer the camera on the front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing that the RT4 firmware might need to be 'hacked' to allow this restriction... but still, how often do you reverse faster that 5 mph?

You could place a switch to allow for feed to be switched between front and back.:thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a reply from the guys who did it on YouTube.... doesn't quite make sense to me, but thought I'd shared in case someone can figure it out.

He said that how he did it was based on a pdf document he found. I have a copy of it (but it's 2Mb, so can't upload it). Pm me if you want a copy :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, Im new in this forum and cant sent PM yet :(

Link to PDF, does not work :(

Please sent me information about reverse camera (pdf document you got). I like to get work reverse camera in my 407SW.

my email: [email protected]

Best regards,

Parsize

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well here's a camera
Peugeot 206/207/407/307SW Car Night Vision Reverse Rear View Parking Camera | eBay
It fits into one of the number plate light holders -- which sounds a bit MOT-dubious.

I think one could simply connect it to the aux in, but I believe the RT4 won't show video while the car is in motion. Of course, it would be much better to have it come up when you put the car into reverse.
If you look in service box you will see that reverse camera goes into one of the number plate light sockets

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello fellas , is anyone made to start the camera when turn on reverse gear ? I am also interested in doing that but I don't think it is a good idea to go every time thru the menu in order to get the picture... Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a reply from the guys who did it on YouTube.... doesn't quite make sense to me, but thought I'd shared in case someone can figure it out.

He said that how he did it was based on a pdf document he found. I have a copy of it (but it's 2Mb, so can't upload it). Pm me if you want a copy :)
i know its a very old thread but i would very much love to get that pdf

1 - 20 of 26 Posts