Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I recently bought a Peugeot 2.0 2007. Me and my wife Love it.
I bought a car battery and I replaced the old one. When I mount the battery none of us knew that I mounted the reversed terminals. The battery is new. The alternator starts to smoke. Then we realized the mistake... But that was to late. We go to the Mecanic, remove the alternator , changed the diode board and the stator. It was mounted after on the car.
Later on the OBD tester showed dozens of errors. BSI. Injection. Key with X on board.
I will change the Peugeot startup kit, that I suspect will solve the startup, injection and the X key. But I wonder what I can expect after that. What Other errors can I discover? What the next step?

LE: BSI is in the same unit with BCM or is the same, in the startup kit, or is onether module?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I dont know off the top of my head what the reverse-polarity protection is on these vehicles or the quality of such circuitry and hence how effective is it but with so much sensitive electronics on-board its probably the worst thing you could have done. That said, the ECU will have screamed at you to stop doing what you are doing but the protection should have done its job. You will have errors codes coming out of it like its on melt-down but they should eventually clear. If not, then you have done some damage, as to what damage..the worlds your oyster..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I first read the dozens of codes,I erase them and after that I read those again, I decide to replace the startup kit, because a few of them and important ones they still remain.
I will replace the computer, BSI and key contact, but should I replace the BCM ? Or is it integrated with the BSI or computer ?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
…. but should I replace the BCM ? Or is it integrated with the BSI or computer ?
To answer that question, we need the last eight digits of your VIN. There are 3 types of BSI, and it depends which one you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The VIN is VF36DRFJF21649106
Thank you so much.

If I buy a ecu cu the numbers the same as the original from one place and a BSI with the numbers the same as the originals, from another place can they work ?
If I find bouth I will buy them both from the same car, but in case I don't find can I buy them from different places and they work ? It is necessary that they learn my car ? The procedure is in PP2000?

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
Its not just the numbers on the ecu you would need to match you need to match the engine type too.

BEFORE you do that check ALL fuses including the big fuses UNDER the underbonnet fusebox

If you do buy an ecu set you need them all from the same vehicle as they are all matched and cannot be mixed

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
OK, you have a "cross range BSI", which also means you do have a BCM. It's main role seems to be central locking control and stability control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK, so I have to find the exact ECU , BSI and key from the same car with the same numbers as mine...
I can not send link to the pictures they send me

After I change those, can I find something else that could prevent the car from starting ?

thank you much

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
The issue here is complex as you may not need anything i have seen this before without anything other than fuses needing replaced i have also seen it wipe the BSI an hour on planet resetting everything had it working again.

I think you are jumping the gun thinking you need to replace everything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
this is the picture of my ecu ? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O-C25NLSDZCqaAXBAwN_bHjFiO08jFM_
I saw in other ecu picture that they are 3 ports, this one is two, i found on the internet identical ECU, but with the description automatic gear box ECU , this one https://www.pieseauto.ro/calculator-cutie-automata/peugeot/308/calculator-cutie-automata-peugeot-308-s126024101c-1865874448.html

Those are ECU? so the seller can find the BSI and BCM and the keys....

Can you tell me, what are the numbers for the BSI so i can look on internet and the numbers for BCM?

I bought it but I could not go home (600km distance) with it and the seller is not good at modern cars.
If I give him all the numbers/data, maybe the numbers on the parts that need to be replaced he can take the parts and the car into a service and change them so that I can take the car and come home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts