Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
207 SHDi - 1.4 Diesel

Car was fine this afternoon - just tried to use it again this evening and can't get either reverse or 5th gear. I assume it's more likely to be a linkage issue rather than something internal to the gearbox, but it's pitch black outside so can't really do anything until tomorrow. However - all guidance and/or advice on possible solutions would be most welcome.

Car has been fairly well looked after, but has got two teenage boys through driving lessons and tests, so has a few external battle scars, and probably hasn't always had the delicate treatment it might have got from one careful lady owner !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The AA came to look at the car - very helpful - he thinks it is wear in the selector mechanism on the gearbox, but reckons it is probably available as a separate part, and that I don't have to buy a whole new gearbox !!

Can anyone confirm this, and also, if possible, give me a part number.

vin is VF3WC8HZC34509699

Many thanks in advance for all help and/or advice.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Never owned that car but in the 406 just had a similar situation that was a linkage rod, it had 3 rods and a full set was 40 available from ebay as no longer available from Peugeot consider the car a bit old. Could not get off ecp or carparts4less or local factors good news mine came next day

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
border_all.

Mine has two cables from the gear lever to the top of the gear-box. I thought maybe the cables had stretched over the years but now seems more likely it's wear in the linkage / selector mechanism on the gearbox.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Can anyone confirm this, and also, if possible, give me a part number.

vin is VF3WC8HZC34509699

Many thanks in advance for all help and/or advice.
Cheers.
not sure if part is available or not but 5th and reverse selector fork is item 4 in the first diagram here

screen-shot-11-27-17-at-10-36-.jpg

screen-shot-11-27-17-at-10-34-.jpg

Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts