Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just purchased a 2000 (X) 1.1cc 206 and the rev counter is not working, the speedo and digital mileometer are working fine.
Can anyone tell me is this a common problem? and where does the supply come from?
many thanks
Neil

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
I think they take the reading off the abs/sensors so one of these could be faulty ,
just a guess though , something to think about until one of the other guys give you a more accurate answer.:confused:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi all,
Checked a 206 (2000 1.1)out a few weeks ago with Planet with much the same symptoms,only the mileage and speedo was also gone totally....:eek:
The speed sensor and rev counter information was been displayed
on the parameter check with planet so i informed the owner that the
9 times of of ten that the cluster may need to be changed..:rolleyes:
I think is a fairly common fault with the 206...:(
Ron.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rev counter

Hi Thanks for the advice, I have been to the local breakers and sourced an identical speedo cluster even down to the exact numbers on the back and front. I installed it at the breakers to check all the dials worked and hey presto yes all appeared well, so I left it in and stared to drive home, I called in the garage 100yds from the breakers and got some fuel and pulled away and got about 1/4 of a mile before the engine totally stopped and refused to restart. I had to be towed home. The symptons are now NO FUEL AT THE INJECTOR RAIL AND NO SPARK at the plugs, is this linked to the installation of the speedo cluster?
Any help appreciated
Neil C

·
Registered
2 Posts
peugeot 206 rev counter not working

i have just had the same problem with my daughters 206 rev counter. After researching the www still could not find a definitive answer! so having already purchased a second hand dash board from a scrap yard & swaping it with mine i found out it had the exact same problem, the rev counter not working. So i decided to investigate the second hand dash board. by carfully dismantling the dash to expose the back of the dials i realised that the dials have coggs in & when you manualy move the needle the coggs bind where they have been worn over time. So looking at the MPH dial it is exactly the same so i swapped them over & re tried the second hand dash in the car & suprise suprise, it worked fine. So i then transposed the second hand MPH dial into my daughters dash replaced the needles & this cured the whole issue with the rev counter. I then had to double check that the needles were placed back in the right position by doing a road test with a friend in front with his car doing the speed limits, which was spot on on my dash.
I hope this helps anyone with the same problem

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hi Thanks for the advice, I have been to the local breakers and sourced an identical speedo cluster even down to the exact numbers on the back and front. I installed it at the breakers to check all the dials worked and hey presto yes all appeared well, so I left it in and stared to drive home, I called in the garage 100yds from the breakers and got some fuel and pulled away and got about 1/4 of a mile before the engine totally stopped and refused to restart. I had to be towed home. The symptons are now NO FUEL AT THE INJECTOR RAIL AND NO SPARK at the plugs, is this linked to the installation of the speedo cluster?
Any help appreciated
Neil C
This may seem like a silly suggestion but you didn't put diesel fuel in by mistake did you?

·
Registered
2 Posts

hi I am no mechanic just a guy trying to sort out the rev counter problem on their daughters car, so, i am sorry i can't help on this occasion although it does sound unrelated to the dash problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts