Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read all the problems forum users have on here and with so many problems not resolved I commend you all for being the most patient & forgiving group of people I have ever encountered.
However, I cannot place myself in that category and with my car suffering from many of the complaints, and more, highlighted on the forum, I am now considering my position with regards to my legal rights.
It comes down to this, we have spent nearly £30000 on a vehicle in which many of the features advertised do not work. Whilst I appreciate that those more technically capable have searched around for solutions, mainly TomTom Live services, Peugeot Connect etc. I do not feel that having spent the amount of money that we have (£30000 may not be a lot to some ;)) then we should have taken delivery of a car that was up to spec. with everything in working order. We didn't!
On Tuesday, the car is booked in for a software update, which, we are assured, will sort all the issues out. Having ready the many posts on here about dealership promises to set things right, I am very doubtful.
My main concern is that the vehicle will not be sorted at which point I will want my money back. To be honest I am sick & tired of searching the forum for information as to how the situation may be rectified. End line is, the vehicle was sold to us with many of its advertised features not functioning.
Anyone know how we stand, because at the moment I just want shut of the car?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I know you have said there are many things wrong, or not working, but can you give forum members a full and specific list to look at? I'm not saying we will be able to help, but if we know all your issues in one place, we may be able to assist, and respond to it all on this post.
It will also save you having to scroll through the entire forum for solutions yourself.
Really sorry to hear you are not happy with the car, it must be so disappointing.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have sent you a PM Mike.
Just to add to that message ~ Do you know what software version you are running on the car??
It's under System Information and I think it is currently Software: V.21.05.78.22_NAC-r0 (16/05/2017).

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you have said there are many things wrong, or not working, but can you give forum members a full and specific list to look at? I'm not saying we will be able to help, but if we know all your issues in one place, we may be able to assist, and respond to it all on this post.
It will also save you having to scroll through the entire forum for solutions yourself.
Really sorry to hear you are not happy with the car, it must be so disappointing.
Hi Lee,
Thanks, but all I was looking for was some advice as to how I would be able to return the vehicle. What are my legal rights, as the car runs very well, it's the rest of the stuff that is irritating.
The issues are most the same as many on here, TomTom Live not connected, Peugeot Connect not working, these I can live with but don't see why I should having paid what I paid. My Stop/Start doesn't kick in (activated), I am not able to unlock the car by remote on occasions, no diesel warm up light showing on staring up, emergency brake light comes on for no reason now and again (dealer said it was very sensitive, whatever). One or two other minor issues but all together they are a pain.
My main thrust is this, the car should have had all these things working when I took delivery because that is what I paid for, also, many of these issues have been addressed with no solution in sight for some. As for the dealer booking it in for a software upgrade which will cure everything, I could even go back to believing in Santa Claus.
My wife loves the car because she is very patient & forgiving. I am not. I have grown to dislike the car and Peugeot. Basically, if I can get shut I will be a lot happier not having to search high & low on the internet for solutions to problems that shouldn't happen :lol:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have sent you a PM Mike.
Just to add to that message ~ Do you know what software version you are running on the car??
It's under System Information and I think it is currently Software: V.21.05.78.22_NAC-r0 (16/05/2017).
Sorry, no idea. Wouldn't know where to look as I haven't got an Audio or Telemetics manual :D. Only kidding re the manual as I can access online like you suggested but I don't know where to check for the software version. Besides, I don't want to enter the car and start searching round all the tech stuff. But I will do it just for you :thumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rejection

Hi
Rejection can be quite easy dependent on time scales. I successfully rejected a Jaguar F Pace last November after 5 months of problems however they deducted money for the usage / mileage.

Under the consumer rights act you can reject your vehicle under 30 days ( for a full refund ) if it has a major fault, after that its a bit more complicated and you have to give them one chance to fix the issue. If not then you can reject.
What qualifies as a major fault I would not like to comment, however in my case it was mainly software / safety issues i.e. camera system, adaptive cruise control etc, so I would hope your issues are classed as major as it has been sold with features that do not work.
Hope this helps
Good luck keep us posted with the outcome
Michael

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi
Rejection can be quite easy dependent on time scales. I successfully rejected a Jaguar F Pace last November after 5 months of problems however they deducted money for the usage / mileage.

Under the consumer rights act you can reject your vehicle under 30 days ( for a full refund ) if it has a major fault, after that its a bit more complicated and you have to give them one chance to fix the issue. If not then you can reject.
What qualifies as a major fault I would not like to comment, however in my case it was mainly software / safety issues i.e. camera system, adaptive cruise control etc, so I would hope your issues are classed as major as it has been sold with features that do not work.
Hope this helps
Good luck keep us posted with the outcome
Michael
Totally agree with these comments Michael. :thumb:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just been doing my homework re the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in preparation for Tuesday's visit to my dealer who is going to 'sort all my issues with a software update'.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 a buyer can reject his/her vehicle under 30 days for a full refund .

A fault does not have to be a problem that renders the car undriveable. ***According to the Act, the ‘goods’ (i.e. – the car) must be “of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and free from any defect”.

On a new car, this is relatively straightforward as a new car should not have any faults.

The faults on my vehicle are, not necessarily in order of importance,

Emergency brake warning light comes on for no reason.

No diesel warm up warning light (the car is a diesel version). Dealer explained that it only comes on if there is a fault :eek:

Having locked vehicle with remote (not keyless) sometimes I cannot unlock it with remote & have to access it with the key which briefly trips alarm.

Stop/start has never worked. The symbol shows up on the dashboard when stopped for a few seconds, the engine judders then returns to normal ticking over.

Android phones will not charge on charging plate.

No Tom Tom Live services, no connection.

Peugeot Connect doesn't! Stops loading at 86%

The last three are not that important to me but I did pay for a car to have them working. The most annoying is not being able to unlock with the remote occasionally & activating the alarm albeit briefly!

If anyone has any observations re my right to reject on these grounds, please reply.

Many thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thought, I am thinking of going to the press with my experience if I do not get satisfaction and pointing them in the direction of this forum so that they can see that I am not alone with my problems.

Sorry, but Car of the Year, not!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You may have read this, but this is what Carbuyer says on the subject of rejecting a new car:-

Your rights were previously protected by the Sales of Goods Act but anything bought since October 2015 is covered by the Consumer Rights Act, which is subtly different and works a little more in your favour.

Assuming the car you’ve bought was purchased after October 2015, if it goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it out of hand for a full refund. If a fault develops after those 30 days but within the first six months, the dealer gets one chance to fix it. If they fail to do this, you’re entitled to a full refund, or a partial refund after the use you’ve had of the car has been taken into account.

So based on this, if you choose to reject the car, the dealer would be breaching the Consumer Right Act 2015 not to agree. Good luck!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You may have read this, but this is what Carbuyer says on the subject of rejecting a new car:-

Your rights were previously protected by the Sales of Goods Act but anything bought since October 2015 is covered by the Consumer Rights Act, which is subtly different and works a little more in your favour.

Assuming the car you’ve bought was purchased after October 2015, if it goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it out of hand for a full refund. If a fault develops after those 30 days but within the first six months, the dealer gets one chance to fix it. If they fail to do this, you’re entitled to a full refund, or a partial refund after the use you’ve had of the car has been taken into account.

So based on this, if you choose to reject the car, the dealer would be breaching the Consumer Right Act 2015 not to agree. Good luck!
Thank you very, very much. Really appreciated. Looks positive. On a lighter note, it never went wrong, just was never right :lol:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Absolutely, and although the dealer can probably fix the issues, there shouldn't have been any, and they should have been picked up at the factory, or during the pre-delivery inspection. I wouldn't accept a repair -1. because you don't have to, and 2. I'd worry what was going to go wrong next. Nothing wrong with my car (touch wood) but I do have concerns about how reliable it is going to be in the short term, never mind the long term. If it starts to develop silly niggling faults, it's gone.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Absolutely, and although the dealer can probably fix the issues, there shouldn't have been any, and they should have been picked up at the factory, or during the pre-delivery inspection. I wouldn't accept a repair -1. because you don't have to, and 2. I'd worry what was going to go wrong next. Nothing wrong with my car (touch wood) but I do have concerns about how reliable it is going to be in the short term, never mind the long term. If it starts to develop silly niggling faults, it's gone.
That is exactly my mind set. No confidence in the dealership or Peugeot. Looks like I'll have to go for a reliable car at probably more cost but if it works as it should I will be happy. It's just finding one & a dealer who is reliable (if there is such a creature). :lol:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sounds to me like your main issue is not really the car as all those problems should be easy enough to fix the glow plug light WILL NOT come on it will when its cold in the winter

The locking issue is a strange one but i have seen it on older cars too its an issue in the BSI and the software update MIGHT fix it.

Stop start system needs a fully charged battery to work properly so battery may be faulty its not unknown.

The connection with tom tom etc are down to your dealer being clueless and a software update to the monkey IN the dealership would fix this :)

As for your rights rejecting the car i agree with everyone else the law is on your side depending on how long you have had it they may charge you for mileage etc but you should be able to get SHOT of it not shut !!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That is exactly my mind set. No confidence in the dealership or Peugeot. Looks like I'll have to go for a reliable car at probably more cost but if it works as it should I will be happy. It's just finding one & a dealer who is reliable (if there is such a creature). :lol:
A few members here Mike will remember the headaches my dealer gave when I first went to see them. This then followed with continuous frustrations they negatively bestowed upon me.
That now makes two of us from the very same dealer. The only difference being you deal with Sam from the general sales section whereas I deal with Jacqui from the Motability section.
Same building though and same people pushing the paper around. :nono:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds to me like your main issue is not really the car as all those problems should be easy enough to fix the glow plug light WILL NOT come on it will when its cold in the winter

The locking issue is a strange one but i have seen it on older cars too its an issue in the BSI and the software update MIGHT fix it.

Stop start system needs a fully charged battery to work properly so battery may be faulty its not unknown.

The connection with tom tom etc are down to your dealer being clueless and a software update to the monkey IN the dealership would fix this :)

As for your rights rejecting the car i agree with everyone else the law is on your side depending on how long you have had it they may charge you for mileage etc but you should be able to get SHOT of it not shut !!
Learned something re glow lamp, thanks, not the dealer's diagnosis though! Inspires me with confidence.

Yes, the locking is a mystery but it is happening with more regularity now.

The car has only done 100 miles so the battery 'should' be fully charged as at delivery.

And the Tom Tom I can understand is down to the numpty's I bought it off.

Any views on the 'sensitive' emergency brake light on the dash? Must be really sensitive because each time there were no cars on the road at the time!

Thanks very much for your input.

Mike

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Like all software be it on a computer, phone, TV, etc. Sometimes all that is needed is a reset.
In this case that could be as simple as disconnecting the battery for at least 2 minutes so that any 'gremlins' that have crept into the software are purged from the system. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like all software be it on a computer, phone, TV, etc. Sometimes all that is needed is a reset.
In this case that could be as simple as disconnecting the battery for at least 2 minutes so that any 'gremlins' that have crept into the software are purged from the system. :)
Cheers Mike. Just tooling up for Tuesday, ha, ha!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
True, rebooting seems to have sorted out my locking/opening problem. However, if you are intent on rejecting the car, don't them them anywhere near it. If they rectify the issues by a simple reboot or software update, then you might lose your grounds for rejection.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
True, rebooting seems to have sorted out my locking/opening problem. However, if you are intent on rejecting the car, don't them them anywhere near it. If they rectify the issues by a simple reboot or software update, then you might lose your grounds for rejection.
I was under the impression, under the Consumers Right Act, that I had to give them the opportunity to sort the matter :confused:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts