Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrofitting Visio park 1 (Reversing camera) on 3008 (P84)

44K views 57 replies 23 participants last post by  M.S. 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Here the Allure models do not come with a reversing camera and if you want one, you need to take Visio Park 2 which costs a lot, so I did not take it. However, in some countries you get the option of adding Visio Park 1 to an Allure as well. I did some investigation in Service Box and compared my car and another Allure with Visio Park 1 and found out that the tailgate harnesses are the same in both cars (part 98 188 928 80). Thus it should be possible to (at least physically) connect a reversing camera without changing the harness. There's a different harness for Visio park 2, so that's out of question. On a model without reversing camera, there's just a blanking plate near the license plate, so physically it's just a matter of replacing the blanking plate with the camera.

So I set out to try.

OLD INFORMATION BELOW. IF YOU WANT REVERSING CAMERA FOR YOUR 3008, JUST ORDER PART 1647580180 - it contains everything you need.

RESULT: The project was a success, read entire thread, if you like to know more.

----

Based on my research, the parts needed were:

98 093 010 80 PANORAMIC VISION CAMERA
- FR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE + RR VISIO PARK 2 OR WITH REAR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE VISIO PARK1

98 138 191 XT CAMERA TRIM
- WITH REAR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE VISIO PARK1 OR FR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE + RR VISIO PARK 2

98 138 190 80 VISUAL ASSIST. CAMERA MOUNTING
- WITH REAR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE VISIO PARK1 OR FR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE + RR VISIO PARK 2

98 210 182 80 ADDITIONAL TAILGATE HARNESS
- FR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE + RR VISIO PARK 2 OR WITH REAR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE VISIO PARK1

I've now ordered them (Approx 250 eur. The additional harness was expensive, other parts relatively cheap). There's a hatch on the inside of the tailgate that can be used to access the camera very easily. I had a quick look, but didn't notice a point where the additional harness connects to the tailgate harness. I'd be very happy, if someone with Visio Park 1 could take a few photos of the cable coming from the camera and how it is connected to the tailgate harness.

Then I'm sure I'll need someone to code the car to actually enable the camera, but I'll worry about that at the point I've got everything connected...

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

See less See more
#3 ·
I just received the items and the extra cables, but I can't see where I should connect it. The boot harness should be the same (according to ServiceBox) on models with or without the camera. Thus it should be possible to connect.

Could anyone help me out here? I'd like to see a photo from a car that has Visio park 1 but not Visio Park 2 (ie. rear camera, but no front camera or park assist).

There's a hatch in the inside of boot lid. I can pry it off just using my finger nails. Then you can already see the camera and the cable coming from the camera. There's a 25 cm long cable that connects the camera to the boot harness. I'd like to see how that 25 cm long cable is routed and where does it connect to.

Thanks!

Attachments

#5 ·
Yep, unfortunately here Allure does not come with the rear camera (it does come with LEDs though which is nice). So, anyone with an Allure in UK but no front camera? :cool:

Visio Park 2 is more difficult, the harnesses are different and you need an additional control box for V2. Plus the coding is probably more difficult.

#11 ·
Reverse camera for 3008

Hello all,

I am here new and I am also considering the retrofit the reverse camera to my 2018 Peugeot 3008 Allure.

After lot of searching I have found in SERVISBOX the original accessories made for new C5 Aircross (C84E) - the part no. 1647580180.
Price about 120 EUro without instalation cost.
It is an kit containing the wire harness, connectors, camera holder and cover and camera itself. This camera kit is suitable for RCC (Connect radio) and/or NAC (Navigation), you have to have only the factory fitted parking assistance system (4 sensors in the rear bumper).
In SERVISBOX is available also the instructions for instalation (unfortunately only for C5 Aircross).
From my point of view, cosidering the mounting instruction, it should be possible to build in this kit in to the current generation of Peugeot 3008.

The instalation should not take more than 3 hours including of programing via DIABOX.

Can someone, please, who knows the electrical network of 3008 and BSI wirring (fuse box), where should you connect the red cable (power) in the BSI unit?
It would be great, if this camera set dedicated for C5 Aircross could be installed into the 3008 too.

Looking forward to your feedbacks.

Attachments

#12 ·
Hello,

I looked once again under the boot cover, there is an covered window behind them you can come to the plug for reverse camera.

As I assumed, behind the cover I could not find any socket/plug and/or cable dedicated forconnection of reverse camera.

So I have to lay the cable harness from boot to the infotainmaent in front.

Retrofitting kit for C5 Aircross is delivered with 4 cables (white, yellow, red and black).

To the camera come four cables: white (+ signal for camera in RCC port 17), yellow (- signal for camera in RCC port 16), black (- ground) and red (+ power).

Can someone help me further, where should I connect the red cable (+ power) to the BSI-unit which is under the dashboard – which socket PH, PP1, PPB etc. and in which socket position ?

Where to connect the remaining cables is crystal clear for me.
L

Thanks for help.

#13 ·
Hello,

I looked once again under the boot cover, there is an covered window behind them you can come to the plug for reverse camera.

As I assumed, behind the cover I could not find any socket/plug and/or cable dedicated forconnection of reverse camera.

So I have to lay the cable harness from boot to the infotainmaent in front.
Have you gotten anywhere with this? The cable harness part number is the same for a car with or without the camera, so I think the plug should be hidden somewhere, but I haven't been able to locate it. Of course it might be somewhere a bit further away. It's wuite typical to find unused connectors on a Peugeot...

I do have a useless camera sitting there though, so it would be nice to get it working!

#14 ·
Hi,

I have Allure version (2018) and according SERVISBOX, based on my VIN-code, has my car the rear tail gate harness as follow:

98 239 766 80 = NON-MOTORISED BOOT OR TAILGATE CONTROL AND WITHOUT PANORAMIC VISUAL AID SINCE RPO 14938 UNTIL RPO 15301

When I have compared in the SERVISBOX the harness built in car with Visiopark 1 fitted directly from production line, the number is following:

98 239 767 80 = NON-MOTORISED BOOT OR TAILGATE CONTROL AND WITH REAR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE VISIO PARK1 SINCE RPO 14938 UNTIL RPO 15301

So put your VIN code in SERVISBOX and you can trace what type of harness is build in your car. If the number is 9823976780 you are lucky man and the plug/socket should be hidden somewhere under the boot cover.

Obviously I do not have a luck, so I went to our local Peugeot dealer and told him regarding the retroffiting kit of reversing camera for C5 Aircross.

Unfortunately I have got the earliest date on 30/04/2019, the electrician would like to see my car and fitting instruction prior mounting this feature in my car.

I will post the update as soon as I will know more.

Stay tuned.

#15 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have Allure version (2018) and according SERVISBOX, based on my VIN-code, has my car the rear tail gate harness as follow:

98 239 766 80 = NON-MOTORISED BOOT OR TAILGATE CONTROL AND WITHOUT PANORAMIC VISUAL AID SINCE RPO 14938 UNTIL RPO 15301

When I have compared in the SERVISBOX the harness built in car with Visiopark 1 fitted directly from production line, the number is following:

98 239 767 80 = NON-MOTORISED BOOT OR TAILGATE CONTROL AND WITH REAR PANORAMIC VISUAL ASSISTANCE VISIO PARK1 SINCE RPO 14938 UNTIL RPO 15301
As I wrote in the first post of this thread, I've got an older car and it seems in my case the wiring harness for the tailgate is different and indeed matches the part number of the tailgate harness of a visio park 1 car. Probably the harness has changed later on then...

myself said:
I did some investigation in Service Box and compared my car and another Allure with Visio Park 1 and found out that the tailgate harnesses are the same in both cars (part 98 188 928 80).
EDIT: I've added the images from ServiceBox. The car without Visio Park is my car and the car with Visio Park 1 is a random car I found that has Visio Park 1 (but not Visio Park 2 as that would require an additional control box). Rear tailgate harness is the same here in both cars. EDIT2: For some reason the pictures get resized and the text becomes unreadable. :(

Attachments

#16 ·
Today I stripped the tailgate to see whether the connector could be hiding somewhere. Unfortunately I could not find a connector despite the tail gate harness matches with one from a car with Visio Park 1.

As Georgio3008 writes above, the camera requires 4 wires. I only found one loose connector in there, but it only had two wires (yellow-green ground and a white wire).

Based on the wiring diagrams, the two extra wires from the camera should go to the infotainment unit (radio). Pulling the extra 2 wires might be a bit more than I'd like to do, but if Georgio3008 end up doing so, I'd appreciate some pointers or better yet, pictures!

#17 ·
Hello,

today I was in servis, waiting for this date almost month, to get clear answer if the reversing camera set from C5 Aircross is suitable for 3008.

Bassicly they told me yes this set will works from harware point of view (wiring, camera, etc.), nevertheless they re not able before the instalation to 100% say if from software point of will be able to activate this kind of feature on the infotainment. They will know it after instalation if this option will be available or will be still blocked from some technical reason.

They were also not able to explain me why at C5 Aircross is camera possible to be activated and at 3008 will be probably difficulty or even not.

I guess, it is one group (PSA) so it should works.... They told me one realy not funny thing, that I can purchase new 3008 with factory mounted reversing camera (I didn't laugh).

Only way is to buy this set and try happiness.

I can post here my investigation with findings and facts and figures.

If you have also opportunity, try to ask your local Peugeot dealer, if they will be able to activate this kind of option on infotainment after instalation.

Best regards Georgio

#18 · (Edited)
#19 ·
Oh, and a little googling later, here you go, installation instruction for the 3008/5008 as well! Here's a proof that part number 16 475 801 80 works for 3008/5008. Now if we just could find the coding instruction somehow... The document attached refers to another document for coding (NOT_3809_DIAGBOX_Caméra_De_Recul_180°.pdf) that I have not been able to locate.

Attachments

#26 ·
I retrofitted visio park 1 at my local Peugeot dealer on an Active trim and everything is working fine. Few months before that was not possible as Peugeot was not providing the coding software to the dealers. I asked for visio park 2 but they told me that this cant be done.

#29 · (Edited)
I think I found an easier way to splice that wire than doing it near the 16V N connector in front.

According to the schematics of my car, the pin 10 of the 16V NR (black) connector in front of the car (BSI1) is connected to the pin 10 of the 18V VE (green) connector of the parking assistance ECU (7500).

Rectangle Product Font Parallel Slope

This ECU is easily accessible in the rear of the car:

As the camera wiring goes past that ECU anyhow, it should be much easier to splice the wire there vs. the cramped space in the front. I'll certainly give it a try. I think the instruction is generic and that's why they tell you to splice the wire in the front as not all cars have the parking assistance ECU (I think most of them should though!).

Also, looking at the schematics of a car that does have a rear camera, we can see that the wire ZE05B is split to the reversing camera (7533). Only to sort of confirm that it's indeed that wire that should be spliced...

Rectangle Product Slope Font Line

#31 ·
Seeing as the Grandland X is just a 3008 in disguise there's a very good chance it will.

Would really need to study the various 3008 / Grandland X wiring & parts diagrams to cross check.

Reactions: Marc308
#43 ·
Ok, got my car coded by a friendly dealer today. The camera works, so indeed, the splicing of the wire in the rear near the parking assistance ECU worked just fine. However, it points far too low - I can only see like 50 cm asphalt in the picture. They suspected that the camera mount I have is not the right one. Investigation continues.

Attachments

#45 ·
Oh, and a cool thing is that now in the ServiceBox it shows that my car has VP1, so presumably the camera coding will not disappear in case of system upgrades etc.

View attachment 95129
Ok, got my car coded by a friendly dealer today. The camera works, so indeed, the splicing of the wire in the rear near the parking assistance ECU worked just fine. However, it points far too low - I can only see like 50 cm asphalt in the picture. They suspected that the camera mount I have is not the right one. Investigation continues.
Thats great news! (y)

Regarding the mount, that doesnt sound good. Please keep updating the status regarding this if you find out the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.