Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, considering that Peugeot didn't give two USB sockets (which most of would have wanted), even though the 3008 has all the potential to have two, I know that there are some very clever people on this site who may be able to install it themselves. There have been some inspirational ideas, and some people have gone and accomplished this, using their own tools and DIY skills.

I wonder if there are professionals who would be able to do this? Companys that would take on the task, but obviously at a price. One can have a dashcam fitted, so why not an extra USB.

If you know of good company's (local or national), and how much they may charge (including parts), or maybe you have had it done professionally, please put information under this thread. It gives us a rough guide, and whether its worth pursuing.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
The NAC unit has 2 USB connectors on the back ( the big blue double socket )

Also if your car DOESNT have the BTA 2 box ( SOS / Peugeot connect systems fitted ) then the green socket is also a 3rd USB but note this socket is only low powered so no trying to charge a phone from it!

Green socket works fine for a USB memory stick for playing music.

I have all 3 x USB in use on my 308 NAC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just get one of these..

https://www.google.com/search?q=belkin+4+port+travel+hub&oq=belkin&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39j0l2.6441j0j7&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#lbl=OVERVIEW&pie=plaji-i

Works great with 2 usb sticks with my music and also my phone for Android Auto.

(Sources correctly shows USB 1 and USB 2 and can start AA as well.)

Only issue if you can call it that is voice search for music will only search the current selected usb stick - or at least the last used.

Cost me about £12 I think from Curry's in the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I built in a second USB connector in a "professional" way.
Instructions, pictures and required part are here. The post is in Dutch, but Google should get you there.
The second USB port has full functionality, so Android Auto and Carplay both work. Note that this works on the NAC systems only. Adding a second USB port to the Bosch RCC multimedia system (that's the system without navigation) will only give you an extra charging port.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
That is an excellent link!

Registering as a user on the Peugeot Meeting forum, allows all the photos to appear as well.

I've removed all the side panels before (left and right), so that part is pretty straightforward.

Just need to obtain the 9817956180 USB cable official part from a Citroen or Peugeot dealer now.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I built in a second USB connector in a "professional" way.
Instructions, pictures and required part are here. The post is in Dutch, but Google should get you there.
The second USB port has full functionality, so Android Auto and Carplay both work. Note that this works on the NAC systems only. Adding a second USB port to the Bosch RCC multimedia system (that's the system without navigation) will only give you an extra charging port.
that's good news, the posts seem to suggest that the 2nd USB port would not work for carplay, so unless you switched cables/ports, you still had to use the factory port in the centre console for carplay and the 2nd port for other usb storage/devices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
that's good news, the posts seem to suggest that the 2nd USB port would not work for carplay, so unless you switched cables/ports, you still had to use the factory port in the centre console for carplay and the 2nd port for other usb storage/devices.
On NAC systems by Continental, the second USB is fully functional with Android Auto, Apple Carplay or music streaming.
On RCC systems by Bosch, that are the ones without TomTom navigation, the second USB only allows device charging and nothing else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On NAC systems by Continental, the second USB is fully functional with Android Auto, Apple Carplay or music streaming.
On RCC systems by Bosch, that are the ones without TomTom navigation, the second USB only allows device charging and nothing else.
In the RCC is this a hardware issue or some kind of software activation for second USB cable (i.e. connected to USB2 port) is required? Is this the same in RCC A1 and RCC A2?

·
Registered
3 Posts
However USB sticks work in the second USB port? I have only one port (just received new Berlingo and it seems that Citroen and Peugeot do not fit USB/AUX modules in glovebox anymore) - sadly I have Connect Radio without satnav (so Bosch RCC A2).

I'm not sure, by I think I have read (in German Peugeot talk forum I think) that order, in which you connect devices to NAC, might be important for AA/Carplay...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just received my new Berlingo (apologies) and this does not have the media playing USB (or AUX) in the glove box unlike my colleague's identical 2020 model. It's the RCC unit with Carplay/AA (identical from the outside). So I read through a few of this forum's threads bulking up with valuable information. Trying an Aliexpress cable to check if the second USB port behind the head unit works.

·
Registered
Peugeot Allure 3008 1.5 Blue Hdi Diesels 2020
17 Posts
Hi All.
By installing any extra item like usb to a new car yourself will that effect the warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
I have just received my new Berlingo (apologies) and this does not have the media playing USB (or AUX) in the glove box unlike my colleague's identical 2020 model. It's the RCC unit with Carplay/AA (identical from the outside). So I read through a few of this forum's threads bulking up with valuable information. Trying an Aliexpress cable to check if the second USB port behind the head unit works.
RCC infotainment units only support 1 USB port.

You need an NAC infotainment unit for 2 USB ports.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RCC infotainment units only support 1 USB port.

You need an NAC infotainment unit for 2 USB ports.
My colleague has RCC (just updated to 85C today) with a second USB in the glove box. Accepts thumb drives and plays MP3. How is this managed?

Is this picture mislabeled?

·
Registered
272 Posts
They meant that RCC cant handle usb hub on one USB port (the native) while it has 2nd socket. So thats probably connected differently inside the RCC unlike in NAC.
I also have NAC and put USB hub and i am happy with two USBs on one native port.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts