Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Our 2013 308sw 1.6eHDI has the central storage/armrest console, but has a useless storage at the back for rear passengers, rather than air vents.

My rear passengers are 2yr old twins, so wondering what I need to do to fit the rear air vents some higher models have?
Just the louvre part or is the pipework not already in place?
Is there an additional fan blower?

I'm thinking summer and being able to direct ac to them in their car seats.
View attachment 88640 View attachment 88640
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone done this?

I've had the ac on & put my hand inside the centre console and it didn't seem to get cold, suggesting that there are other ducts/pipes I'd need.., plus the vents

I dont have a schematic despite internet searches.

Does anyone have access to such & could post the diagram for the centre console with rear passenger ventilation outlet grilles? Please

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know if the rear upper console vents should be able to work with my manual ac or only with fully automatic ac..

Removed the rear storage (box of tictacs at most lol..) panel above the ash tray (labelled 5 in below diagram) to find fully integrated air ducts which in theory should then connect with the outlet grille panel (labelled 6..) which I haven't yet sourced..

Fire the car & ac up & turn fan speed to max. No air comes through those beautifully moulded air ducts with air direction to head or feet..., lots through the floor mounted air ducts though..

Wondering if theres a flap that's electronically controlled that's only operational with fully auto ac..🤔

Guess will have to remove more parts of the centre console to find out...

Perhaps I'll have to retrofit the complete auto ac facial panel..

Dont want my kids cooking in their car seats if at all possible..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lightbulb moment.....must check my owners manual for anything specific on the auto ac (climate control) re a button or similar to operate rear vents..

I've had SUVs (not in UK) with separate switches for extra ac blower for rear 2nd and 3rd rows but doubt necessary in a 308..

·
6,415 Posts
I think its just the cut outs for the rear vents are not cut out in the heater assembly on the non Climate control models it does not appear they have any additional flaps or motors based on the servicebox pic (but that is not all ways 100%)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for your input windy.

I too felt (still feel.. 🤞) it should not be much more complicated than simply fitting (30 seconds job..) the vent panel

However according to the web my hvac interface has cables (as manual not digital) to affect flap adjustment for air up/down etc.., so perhaps there's something mechanical that is closed thus preventing air going to the rear 'vents'.
The digital panel just has cable plugs going to the back of it (thanks YouTuber Adrian Dragan for v informative video's), so I suspect that operates flaps nearer the heat exchanger which is dash end rather than console..

I also stumbled across this 307 retrofit digital climate control post web searching which adds to my suspicions of solenoid or motor controlled flaps..., one of which probably opens the flow to the rear centre console ducts.., so hopefully I can locate it and see if possible to fix 'open'..

Nothing in the owners manual to add any further clues..

·
Registered
221 Posts
There is no specific rear vent function in the automatic climate control unit. It's a dual zone system, not a tri zone one and the rear vents are only enabled when the front ones are. There are plugs on the airbox which might need to be taken off and then the ducting connected; the RCZ, which never had rear vents, had an issue where these plugs fell off and then the centre console got warmed up as a result. You might want to take a look, although the risk might be that these cutouts/plugs were present on automatic climate control air boxes only.

Plugs in question:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had another look at the parts. It looks like the auto airbox is different to the manual one in that section. The former one has an additional panel with cutouts and take-off points for the ducting to attach to. The latter is missing those completely.

Picture for reference:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is no specific rear vent function in the automatic climate control unit. It's a dual zone system, not a tri zone one and the rear vents are only enabled when the front ones are. There are plugs on the airbox which might need to be taken off and then the ducting connected; the RCZ, which never had rear vents, had an issue where these plugs fell off and then the centre console got warmed up as a result. You might want to take a look, although the risk might be that these cutouts/plugs were present on automatic climate control air boxes only.

Plugs in question:

Thank you drdino, this I was pondering - some form of physical restriction. Having something like a removable plug makes sense to reduce costs for making multiple versions.
Perhaps hatchback and SW boxes also different.

Wonder if there's a way to search anything via my VIN#.

Think I'll do some more fiddling when I get chance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
From what I've seen, the only complexity is manual and automatic climate control airboxes. The manual ones don't seem to have the cutout/take offs at all. The automatic ones have it, and for those vehicles that use the auto one but don't have rear seats they've plugged them off

I've managed to find a picture of an automatic climate control airbox, you can see the part that's different (the black one)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again drdino.

The one in
I had another look at the parts. It looks like the auto airbox is different to the manual one in that section. The former one has an additional panel with cutouts and take-off points for the ducting to attach to. The latter is missing those completely.

Picture for reference:
Thanks again drdino.

I found one on the net that looks slightly different to 'yours'

Hopefully mine will have removable plugs! 🤞 🤞

Seems odd they'd include all the ductwork inside the centre console on a manual ac sw yet have moulded different heater matrix fan boxes between auto ac & manual ac

1 - 18 of 18 Posts