Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the scrapyard to get some trim for the interior of my 307, when i noticed one of the cars having a small round sensor for the auto wiper funktion, instead of the large square ones usualy fitted. I got that and the black trim for it, just for the fun of it. I followed the wires from the sensor, but when i followed the wires down the left a-pillar, they disappeared into the main wire harness.

When i got home, i tried loosening the headliner at the front left by removing the sun visor, and there two wires with connectors were taped to the interior light harness, one for auto dimming mirror, and one for auto wiper.
I attached the sensor to the screen with a piece of tape, and enabled auto wipers in the BSI with my PP2000.
I took a ride in the rain, and with the wiper stalk on intermittent it worked! no other wiring required, no stalk with auto required, only sensor and enabling.
I haven't got the gel that should sit between the sensor and windscreen, but i will visit the windscreen shop tomorrow, and see what they have in stock

Holt

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is a 2.0 petrol 03 registraton, but manufactured 18 nov. 2002 "Griffe" edition which means full leather and 4X power windows.
I went to the windscreen guy, and bought a new gel pad, app. £6 (50DKr.) and i got a couple of used glass glue cartridges i could cut open and use for the mounting (very nice guy:nod:) the glue is drying as i type, so in an hour i know if it was worth the investment

Holt

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now i have tested the auto wiper on a trip down Europe (Denmark-Croatia 1750 km.) in mixed weather, and i must say it's the best £6 i have ever spend, the system behaved just perfect, starting at just the right moment. only issue is the wipers go on fast speed a little too soon, a bit annoying when speed switches between slow and fast all the time in a certain amount of rain. Other than that, i am very pleased with it, and it's one of the things i must have on my next car.

Holt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Auto Wipers

Hi Holt

I'll keep this in english even though I'm also Danish

Can you remember where in pp2000 you activated the auto wipe function?
The reason I'm asking is, that I have a 406 (2002) and the auto wipe function has never worked even though I have the sensor and wiring at place. pp2000 reports "permanent power loss to sensor" but when I measure on the sensor it receives 12v.

Best Regards

Jakob

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To activate auto wipers on a 406 you choose "control box configuration and services" - "test by control box" - "demisting / light" (afdugning/lys), but i think your problem is a broken sensor.

Holt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks a million. I'll check with pp2000 asap. I'm pretty sure the sensor is working. It came of a 307 from where it was working. Put the one from my 406 in to the same 307 where it was working also.
One thing came to mind though - when I measured the power to the sensor, I didn't measured for Ground. Do you Know the assignment of the 4 colored wires going to the sensor?

BR

Jakob

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The early 307 only have 3 wires and that small round sensor in the first post, it's the same sensor as the 607 uses, i just connected it and it worked, so no need to find out what wire did what. The sensor changes on the 307 at some point in 2003 to the square four wire model
Did your 406 come with auto wipers originally

Holt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi again
Yes my 406 is born with the sensor/auto wiper and it is the sqare 4 wire sensor. As I understand, there should be a noticable light in the sensor wisible from outside when the sensor is on, but mine is not lighting at all :-(

BR

Jakob

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I understand, there should be a noticable light in the sensor wisible from outside when the sensor is on, but mine is not lighting at all :-(
Jakob
The sensor uses a infrared light, i don't think you can see it, i haven't noticed it, but then, i haven't been looking for it.

Holt

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im liking this. i might just have to see if i can do this to mine
Before you buy a sensor, be sure wich one your car accept, if the wires behind the roof lining is with two 3 pin connectors you should have the round sensor, if there is one 3 pin and one 4 pin connector, you should have the square sensor.

Holt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, here's an Update: today I connected pp2000 to get rid of some minor errors and I went to demisting/light and Tried to activate the sensor, but pp2000 reports back That computer is not responding (the computer in car). Actually I cannot activate the dome light through pp2000 (which is also located with the wires for the rain sensor). I measured at the sensor and it recieves both +12v and Ground. I'm really lost now :confused:

Anybody with Any ideas ???

BR

Jakob

·
Registered
580 Posts
wiring checked - 3 wire plug
sensor brought - check
sensor fitted - check
sensor activated - check
sensor operation tested - no as need it to rain lol.

just need to test it then get the stuff to attach it to screen and the proper cover for it if it works

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm sorry for thread digging but has anyone done this recently?

I have a 2003 SW, what's the best place to search for the presence of the wires? (be advised, this is not a UK car)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine was just above the sun visor in the left side (also non-UK car) if you remove cabin light, visor and the clip that holds the visor, you should be able to loosen the head liner enough to get to the wires, although I suspect your car to have the glass roof, leaving very little head liner.
Good luck with the project.

Holt

·
Registered
596 Posts
Did the auto-wipers also give you auto-light, or is that a entirely different sensor ?

Upd: I've read further, and the sensor got updated from a circular 3 pin to a rectangular 4 pin, this one with integrated dusk sensor.
I'm not sure if i can have this without replacing COM2000... when i receive my lexia i'll try it...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts