Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Mine just turned up today, decide to not clip the wiring and instead removed the connector so i didnt damage anything

Looking at the wiring, it seems only white and black are needed for operation, no idea what the grey one does however if i apply power to it the mirror seems to undim instantly, either way i'm only going to use black and white

Will have a look for suitable places to wire into this weekend, however i think i'll be going all the way down to cigarette lighter for this!!

Write-up soon :thumb:

Edit: decided to take the snap ring off the back to tuck the wires behind, i wouldnt reccomend it as its an absolute pain to get back on!!

edit 2: it has a GREEN led, oh the humanity!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Was looking at the interior light on my 54 plate 307 the other night and noticed that once removed, there are 3 sockets on the back of the unit, 1 (middle) is in use to power the light, I assume the other 2 (left and right) are for other ancilliary's such as the mirror in question.

Take a look before you start running wires, might just be a case of plugging stright in.

S

·
0 Posts
Strangely enough i've just been out pondering this myself, the connectors dont match though!

My initial plan was to remove the drivers side bulb, wire the mirror to that and just leave it switched on (i never use that bulb anyway)

Tried to take the interior light unit apart, and i tell you what that thing must contain government secrets or something because its bloody impossible to open up!!

Still going to look into if the 2 spare plugs feed in some way!

pic... i've made my own wiring for the mirror using on old in car chargers cable, thought curly would look a bit better! comes out of a hole i made in the top rather than through the bracket hole :D

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
I worked it out, they are for if you have courtesy lights above your vanity mirrors

Best part is they are ignition fed, my mirror is now in and working perfectly from these feeds...pics in a few moments!

Here we go, first off i had to change the LED to blue!! i used the same type of led as you would in the headlight adjuster

Then i soldered in a few wires to the spare connections on my interior light, i actually cut away the top cover on this bit to give me access

Did a bit of testing (polarity must be right way round) then once i was happy with it, seal up and refit, done!

All in all quite an easy job, should have took more time and made it neater but the scruffy bits are all behind the scenes!!

:thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
About putting sunvisors with courtesy lights in the car and then tapping into the power supply for the electric mirror. Maybe this wont work Stubbo, would I not have to have the courtesy lights constantly on the visor on for the electric mirror to be on.

S

·
0 Posts
First off..

A) putting courtesy lights in with visors isnt worth the hassle, it'll involve cutting holes in the roof lining and gettin all new visors that have the switches in them

B) the feeds from the interior light are ignition controlled, there would be further switches down the line (ie on the visors) that control the courtesy lights there, normally activated by pulling the visor down or lifting the flap on the mirror

For the amount of work compared to the amount of benefit, i wouldnt bother looking into the visor lights to be honest!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I agree with point 2, you will have to pull the visor down to turn it on but you will not have to drill any holes. If you take your visor off, all you have to do is remove one torx screw, there is actually a hole there and it is very easy to feed the power cable to the two spare connectors.

Only reason I wanted to do that is so that I wouldnt lose the driver light. But its not a big deal really and will just do it the way you have.

Although I would like to know where the harness plug is for the electric mirror in 307's that come with one. Anyone here that has one as standard, do you know where the power feed runs to?

S

·
0 Posts
I mentioned drilling holes because i think the lights are actually in the roof liner but the switches are part of the visor :thumb:

Because they are ignition fed you could power both visors off one side of your interior light (cutting plugs and joining) and the mirror off your other side :thumb:

I think the ones with electric mirror have a completely different roof console, and im assuming rain sensitive wipers as well as that sensor would be integral to this console as well

I've never seen one with a fancy roof console though so this is guesswork!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just wired it in there now, only took 10 mins...

Still two unsightly wires showing so not sure yet how I will hide them, I may use the curly wire you have used or will maybe just get a fabric sleeving sort of thing, not sure....:confused:

Now how do I dismantle the mirror as I want to change the green bulb. Do you just pry it open??

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah mine wired into the prongs as well :thumb:

Pry it open to get access, i started on a bottom corner then as you pry that open you will start seeing holes further up that you can move on to, dead easy :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sorry to dig this old post up but i got one from a 407 today and it has 3 wires yellow, brown, and white with a black strip, what wires go wear?

i noticed that i have already got the auto dimming wires but the plugs are not the same and theres only two wires on mine, so i guess i will have to mod it so it works

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
got it yellow is the earth and brown is the 12v, now i over looked the mirror mount the one on the 407 is alot bigger than the 307 its ball is smaller and the 407 bracket is nothing like the slip on type :mad:

·
Registered
873 Posts
I wonder if theres something to put in front of the led as its hurting my eyes when driving at night. I think theres supposed to be a little clear translucent nipple thing supposed to be there but my mirror doesnt have one, you can see right through to led through the hole.

Need something to kill the light a bit...

·
Registered
873 Posts
No I dont want to block out the led completely, just dull it out a bit.

How come you dont like the white, I was thinking of changing mine all to white....:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
I changed my LED to blue and it was an eye killer

A little blob of clear silicone expertly applied and tidied will dull it out nicely :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry really old post i know, I have a 207 and need this retrofitting, what mirror do i need to purchase and do i have to modify it to make it fit, if so what and is there a guide anywhere please thanks s

21 - 40 of 40 Posts