Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, today i bought a pair of folding mirrors for my 407, i have a folding arrow on my window control panel, so i was asking should they be folding if not being codded with pp ? Or they won't work at all before i code that the car has folding mirrors. :) ?

Thanks

·
5,087 Posts
What model is your 407 ??

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just checked my bsi is codded to have electric folding mirrors, (i retrofitted) control unit switch, for rear and frond windows, i was doing rear windows retrofit.
So that's how i have a arrow for mirror folding.

Is there anywhere else where i should enable them ?
Maybe rt3 display (didn't check that one)
Or maybe i will need to change my window motors ?
Also the loom for the driver door is the one from the car with the folding mirrors. :)
Thanks! :thumb:

·
5,087 Posts
most 407's in the UK came with powerfold mirrors, the only ones of the earlier model that didnr were the base 's' model, later facelifted models came without powerfold mirrors in most cases. So unless you can let us know (photo?? vin??)which your car is we cant help you.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
depends on the wiring, and also the window switches (connections)

mate wanted the 207 gti folding wing mirrors on his 207 xs sport, and couldn't do straight swap as wasn't the rite wiring and the connectors are different on the window switches as well.

so he made a separate switch to operate them which he placed next to the wee cubby hole near drivers right knee on a right hand drive car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Vin is :VF36DRHRH21016770

My car didn't come with folding mirrrors.
I changed a whole wirring loom in the drivers door from the car that has folding mirrors, switch for window panel is also from the same car, with folding mirrors, now i got folding mirrors, i can only guess that i will have to change window motors for them to work ?
Maybe the only problem is that my passenger loom stayed oem, i didn't change it, could that somehow make a problem ?
Thanks!

·
6,460 Posts
Do they have there own fuse in the fuse box i know when my DS5 mirrors froze they blew a fuse which stopped them folding but all other functions worked ok

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do they have there own fuse in the fuse box i know when my DS5 mirrors froze they blew a fuse which stopped them folding but all other functions worked ok
I don't know ? Where should i look in fuse box inside of the car ? maybe i need to put one fuse if slot is empty ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i retrofitted mine too,
i added folding mirrors and electric rear windows , and so had to use the relevant drivers armrest controls too,but was all plug n play i think..
neil

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i retrofitted mine too,
i added folding mirrors and electric rear windows , and so had to use the relevant drivers armrest controls too,but was all plug n play i think..
neil
I did too, rear windows, but i can't really do folding mirrors. :\ :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought folding mirrors, peugeot 407 has a different mirror plug sistem than 307, 407 has only one plug so i connected that one, and it is same as mine on non-folding mirrors, so i guess i will be getting different window motor, and see if i have some luck with it.. :l)
It would be great, if someone could check is a window power motor same for folding and non-folding mirrors :)
Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got them to fold, i had to change window motors.. :)
Thanks to everyone who has their time dedicated to answer or read this topic. :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts