Peugeot Forums banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it nailed.... Activated Trip via PP2000 then drilled small hole, inserted nail and job jone
I've spent the last hour looking for a clear how to guide on this for us unfortunate ribbon owners and I'm struggling to understand some of the inbetween steps on the easiest way to do it.

I've just been out to my car and removed the blanking cap, and removed the end piece (with ribbon still attached). From what Ive read, do I just dril a small hole into the end to allow something thin (eg biro) to pass through and act as a push button?

Please help, or post link...

·
Registered
206 Posts
is it possible to get trip computer working on a ribbon stalk? i take it the fake button doesnt come off as it looks solid. Dont want to have a nail sticking out,bit mad that lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
is it possible to get trip computer working on a ribbon stalk? i take it the fake button doesnt come off as it looks solid. Dont want to have a nail sticking out,bit mad that lol
The nail was just a cheap work around that done the job, you could work in a proper button with a little more effort or you could change the whole comms unit for £££ not so mad when you see the price of them :eek:

·
Registered
437 Posts
My car has the ribbon type stalk with button which I had to take apart to get it working as the innards are bust. Having seen it in pieces I'd imaging that something similar is possible with the ribbon type that has the solid button but I haven't tested this theory.

A friend of mine needs her comms unit replacing and if I do it I may keep the old one and dissect it see what, if any, conclusion I can come to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Following on from the great help I received in the cruise control thread perhaps someone could point me in the right direction for the onboard computer problem I have. The vehicle is a 2008 Expert, I swapped the stalk for one with a button and everything works as it should except the outside temp it just shows two dashes and degrees centigrade.
I'm guessing the van isn't fitted with a temp sensor but I don't know where its located so I can check, I'm hoping the wiring is there and it just need a sensor plugged in,does anyone know where about on the van this is located?

All help appreciated

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

Not sure if this thread is still active, but it's worth a go. Has anyone just got the cap part that is for the trip computer? The one I need is the PCB type. I don't really want to shell out £50+ for a comm 2000 unit when all I need is the stalk cap.

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi there,

Not sure if this thread is still active, but it's worth a go. Has anyone just got the cap part that is for the trip computer? The one I need is the PCB type. I don't really want to shell out £50+ for a comm 2000 unit when all I need is the stalk cap.

Thanks
I have the ribbon type end if thats what you need?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Hi there,

Thanks
Scrap yard ya best bet dude.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I went round a local scrapyard and pulled the end cap off the wiper stalks on every Peugeot with a comm unit until I found the one I needed.
Same with me, took 18 months but finally got one :D

Sell you mine for £40 ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just been out & switched mine on, 02 307 110 Rapier :) :)

105 miles left, which will put it on 550 ish, so DPF may not be as blocked as I suspected :thumb:

I put some Wynn's DPF cleaner in with the last tank and it seems to run quite a bit smoother now, will keep me going until I decide which route to go down

·
Registered
8 Posts
Know this is an old topic now but does anyone have one of these rear wiper switches with the trip button on the end the PCB kind?

Scrappy round my area wont let me in the yard and will only sell compleat com2000 unit a im not paying over the odds just for a trip button. I will pay up to £10 for it if anyone has one or can get me one?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Know this is an old topic now but does anyone have one of these rear wiper switches with the trip button on the end the PCB kind?

Scrappy round my area wont let me in the yard and will only sell compleat com2000 unit a im not paying over the odds just for a trip button. I will pay up to £10 for it if anyone has one or can get me one?
This any good?

·
Registered
31 Posts

Hi, from the 'PCB' type do you mean the one with the thin plastic stalk in the centre? I'm not sure if this is right but the photo that Brigsy posted looks like the 'ribbon' type of the button. Please correct me if anyone else knows otherwise!

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK I went and bought a com2000 delphi one with trip button for my 307 1.4 had 2003

fitted it by the book reconnected battery tried everything out horn, indicators, lights everything all worked even got the trip working and the cruse too yeah!

Now comes my problem :( went to take car for a spin and soon as I went to turn right I heard something give in the steering like something snapping and as it did the Airbag light came on also AIRBAG FAULT showing on clock display and the horn stopped working also, any idea what happend? and what I can do to fix it?

141 - 159 of 159 Posts