Peugeot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Does anyone know what other models will have a compatible end cap like this?

Local scrappies here have a shortage of 307's, thinking of aiming for a 206

Or failing that i beleive some citroens use this comm 2000

If i can find out what other models to aim for i might stand a chance of getting this done on the cheap!! :D

edit: also want to add front fog switch to the other side, anyone know if the other side pops off in the same way? looking at this...

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1116157&image=278651837&images=278651837,278651853,278651876&formats=0,0,0&format=0

i think if i pop the end off, then pop the 2nd bit off?

Arrgghhh why do you all put these ideas in my head haha!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are you saying it`s a simple case of switching the end-cap or fitting a button to the dash and hey presto: trip computer?

If so thats my kinda` mod...

What exactly do you have to configure with Planet to get it working?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hann said:
Are you saying it`s a simple case of switching the end-cap or fitting a button to the dash and hey presto: trip computer?

If so thats my kinda` mod...

What exactly do you have to configure with Planet to get it working?
Yes, configure heads up display change trip computer from absent to present and change from kilometers to miles its that simple.

Below will give you some idea , i done this with a spare one its just as easy doing it in the car.
Opening at this point will leave no marks just twist screwdriver gently till it pops while holding both parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Superb pics,thanks!

There may even be enough room in the end-cap to fit a miniature push-switch?

What`s that white bit sticking out?

Is that green PCB i can just about see the one where Bestgear said the connection for the switch is to be made?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hann said:
Superb pics,thanks!

There may even be enough room in the end-cap to fit a miniature push-switch?

What`s that white bit sticking out?

Is that green PCB i can just about see the one where Bestgear said the connection for the switch is to be made?
White bit is just the spring device for the button, it lifts out and there is a spring underneath and yes for connection.

·
Registered
93 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Yes, configure heads up display change trip computer from absent to present and change from kilometers to miles its that simple.

Below will give you some idea , i done this with a spare one its just as easy doing it in the car.
Opening at this point will leave no marks just twist screwdriver gently till it pops while holding both parts.
can i ask if the button on the pictures imovable as in stuck at end permanently or can it be teased into use as trip switch?
great pics and love your new dash colours :thumb:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
zooloo66 said:
can i ask if the button on the pictures imovable as in stuck at end permanently or can it be teased into use as trip switch?
great pics and love your new dash colours :thumb:
The button on picture has no connector behind it so i`m not sure if you can do something with it , i just had a trip switch one on another comm 2000 i used, try your local scrapyard first you might find another pug or citroen with same stalk instead of having to buy whole unit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
BestGear said:
The alternative switch on the dash is easy... if you open the comm unit up, there is a small pcb plug where the wires from the stalk switch connect - you can run wire from here to the remote switch, placed wherever you want it... so the cost is peanuts...

David
Fitting the dash switch involves `opening up the comm unit up` ,so you have to remove the steering wheel and remove the whole caboodle,this thing;

Don`t really fancy doing that...

I assume the PCB we`re after isn`t in the stalks but somewhere in the main body of the unit?

I had the end cap off today and can`t see anywhere where the switch would connect to,so the easier option would be to get an end cap from a car that had trip fitted originally?

*edit*
BettySwollocks - any chance of a pic of the inside of the new end cap so i can see how the button works/where the contacts make?

·
Registered
406 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
The button on picture has no connector behind it so i`m not sure if you can do something with it , i just had a trip switch one on another comm 2000 i used, try your local scrapyard first you might find another pug or citroen with same stalk instead of having to buy whole unit.
any chance of a pic showing both on the back-also wondering if it could be made to have a switch behind it? dying to put my planet to good use!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
If you enable trip computer without adding the switch what does the display default to?

Still havent got my replacement planet yet to try :mad:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Stubbo said:
If you enable trip computer without adding the switch what does the display default to?

Still havent got my replacement planet yet to try :mad:
Would think you can have only one function on the bottom of the screen where the date is , mpg , miles left in tank or date , but can`t scroll between them,
if you check your 307 manual under trip computer you will see whats available,

ps , i took a picasso apart today - looks the same but has a ribbon inside so we can rule them out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Will try before end of week , why are you going dash switch way?

popped the end off the stalk today and mine does not look the same:( -i had 2 spring loaded detent plungers and a springy round contact that makes with the circuit board. This just had a ribbon coming from the back of it and heading off down the stalk itself. looking at it carefully it appears that the white plastic detent is a newer mod-it does the same thing and also with the end part of the switch off-the long metal spindal actually stays with the stalk on mine, so it is back to front.
Did yours have the springy metal contact in the end cap i assume?-my contact stayed under the spindle shaft on the stalk. (that would confirm they are now opposite in build.)
My guess is it was easier to put together as it took me a lot of fiddling to get it all back again!
I still cannot figure out where the trip switch would make contact if it was possible.

2002 307 110 hdi

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Right we have two kinds "easy" and not so easy, if you are lucky enough not to have a ribbon in the stalk this can be done quite easy if its a ribbon Bestgear or someone is going to have to work out a switch ,
or you change your comm/stalk

41 - 60 of 159 Posts