Peugeot Forums banner

861 - 873 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Update, all seems to be working!
I'm not exactly sure which if any of the following helped, but after pressing some buttons I was able to update the Injection ECU config. Hopefully this might give some clues for anyone else trying.
Things I tried:
PP2000 V25 - The Injection ECU config showed that Cruise Control was present, although a lot of the other ECU's were not found.
Lexia via Diagbox - I tried to fool Diagbox that I had a Dispatch and then tried Lexia, did a Global scan but most of the ECU's were not found
PP via Diagbox - Same as above
Pressed the 'Download' instead of the 'Configuration' button in Diagbox when trying to configure the Injection ECU. Fortunately there was no Internet connection, as this option is for downloading to the ECU from Peugeot...

After all of the above, I went back into Diagbox & took the Configure option for the Injection ECU, somehow Cruise Control was already enabled but not the clutch switch or the speed limiter, I was able to enable both, then back to the BSI to add the the CC & Limiter in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just got a 2015 partner (pre face lift) and it didn't come with cruise control or the speed limit function, following the steps mentioned previously in this thread i have purchased a stalk (one with the limit function) and fitted and enabled using diagbox 7.76 via the Delivery of vehicle to customer. The cruise control works perfectly but the nothing happens when I select the speed limit function.

Reading further I've probably got the wrong accelerator pedal for the limit part to work as it doesn't have the kick down function. Does the limit function need enabling elsewhere in diagbox for it to work or is it completely disabled because I have the wrong pedal and if I was to buy a compatible throttle pedal (1601 EE ) would this feature then be available or is my van just not suitable for it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have just got a 2015 partner (pre face lift) and it didn't come with cruise control or the speed limit function, following the steps mentioned previously in this thread i have purchased a stalk (one with the limit function) and fitted and enabled using diagbox 7.76 via the Delivery of vehicle to customer. The cruise control works perfectly but the nothing happens when I select the speed limit function.

Reading further I've probably got the wrong accelerator pedal for the limit part to work as it doesn't have the kick down function. Does the limit function need enabling elsewhere in diagbox for it to work or is it completely disabled because I have the wrong pedal and if I was to buy a compatible throttle pedal (1601 EE ) would this feature then be available or is my van just not suitable

For it to work the set speed must show in the center display. Not all models are with that option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When setting the speed for the cruise control that is shown in the centre display so I presumed that when setting the limit function it would be in the same place but it's blank.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When setting the speed for the cruise control that is shown in the centre display so I presumed that when setting the limit function it would be in the same place but it's blank.
Thats were the problem lies. It needs to show the speed where you want the limitter to work.
I have never tried it on a car as new as yours is.
But on the older models it is simply not possible because that option is’ny coded into the ecu.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Reading further I've probably got the wrong accelerator pedal for the limit part to work as it doesn't have the kick down function. Does the limit function need enabling elsewhere in diagbox for it to work or is it completely disabled because I have the wrong pedal and if I was to buy a compatible throttle pedal (1601 EE ) would this feature then be available or is my van just not suitable for it?
For the 1.6 Hdi 2015 / B9 Partner you'll definitely need the limiter pedal for the limiter to work. I can't say for sure re the display, but I think it'll probably be ok.

Speed Limiter Throttle Pedal.

The pictures are missing from that thread, but re-attached here.

There are a few for sale on Fleabay - search for 9671417080

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks cancunia
Just taken a look at mine and it only has a D on it so defiantly not the right one. I'll try and get the right one and try again and hopefully this will allow the limit function to work or enable another option in disgbox to switch it on. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It will be interesting to know how you get on, please post your findings. IIRC, you'll need to change the Cruise Control type to 2 or something similar in the BSI and maybe also in the Injection ECU, or maybe Diagbox will be smart enough to check the switch when you enable CC via the 'Delivery to Customer' option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will do, I've been through all of the settings in the BSI and the injection ECU and can't find anything to do with the cruise control type. The only place I found anything about the cruise control was in the delivery to the customer section and this didn't specify a type. so who knows.

good tip in looking for LVV on the throttle pedal to see if its the correct one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Like you say, maybe fitting the pedal will enable the other options. You should find some references to Cruise Control in the Diagbox BSI & Injection ECU settings regardless of the pedal type though, either that or they've removed them from later versions.
Take a look through this thread..
How to change parameters in the Engine ECU?
I've not used Diagbox very much so am not really familiar with the all of the options but thought that I'd seen the CC 'type' option when configuring my 2013 Partner which only had CC & then the Expert. I for sure did have some CC options in both the BSI & Injection ECU config.
The 2015 ECU is too late for PP2000 or Lexia, but with the older pre 2009 M59 1.6HDi Berlingo & Partner, you need to select option 2 and also fit a special display just to get the CC working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right, progress has been made,

Bought the correct pedal off ebay and fitted it today and initially nothing changed. Then did some digging around in the BSI and found the cruise control option and changed this to cruise control and speed limit and the speed limit function appeared appeared on the dash, success I thought, however I could set the speed but I couldn't turn in on, so must of still been missing something else. With help from the link above I found another setting in the ECU downloading section where I could enable the speed limit function, hay presto it works.

Well happy now, will give it a test tomorrow but so far all is good and the total cost of retro fitting cruise control and speed limit to my van = £32

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to add Cruse Control to my 2006 206cc RPO 10725.

ECU: Bosch NFU ME 7.4.5
BSI: Siemens software version 42.01
ABS: ESP-MK60

I already had 4 pin brake switch and clutch switch wired so I got both CC stalks with and without limiter. I am using the one without limiter as I don't have 5 pin throttle pedal and my instrument cluster does not support CC/Limiter it says downloading faulty when I try to enable it. I've activated CC in Engine ECU without any issues. When I activate CC in BSI it stays on value invalid. If I use anything except type 1 all lights on cluster turn on and it's not working. So I put type 1 in BSI and saved it. It reverted to saying value invalid.

Now when I try to activate CC it's not working after that connecting via PP2000 i get fault in Engine ECU:

"Remote intermittent fault. Stop lamp information ."

I believe the issue is related to the brake switch so I double check the wiring and it's properly connected to the C4 pin on the Engine ECU. I don't know where to check the switch values in PP2000. The only place I've found the brake switch information is in the ABS or ESP ECU -> Parameter Measurements -> Brake Switches and relays information. There are 2 parameters there

"brake light switch" -> switches from 'not activated' to 'Operated' when brake is pressed
"secondary brake lights switch" -> no matter what i do it says 'not activated' even if i short the wires on the switch. I have voltage on pin 3 on the switch and pin 4 goes directly to Engine ECU

In PP2000 info for 'secondary brake lights switch" says "switch joined by wire to engine ECU (2101)". Is this the correct place to look for the state of the second brake switch. If so may it be possible that the ECU is not working properly.

If this is not correct place to check the state of the second brake switch where should I look in PP2000 ?

861 - 873 of 873 Posts