Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
Just wating on the stalk to fit to my 207. I have sussed out 2 places to enable cruise control using planet-

1/ Engine ECU/config/cruise control

2/ BSI/config/customer options/misc/presence of cruise control/speed limiter

EDIT: STALK JUST TURNED UP!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
It works!!!!!!!:D , the 2 changes mentioned above were all that was needed;)
I have put together a little guide and will post it later on.
I have given it a good test and fuel economy is superb @ 60+ mpg:D , cruise disengauges with brake or clutch depression perfectly and pushing down on the accelerator speeds you up and then car will slow to set cruise speed.
Very very happy!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
zooankski said:
just rang simon bailes and got quoted £54 for the stalk???

What part number did you use?
I've just been quoted the same price for my '05 407 2.0HDi. The dealer (Palmers Hemel Hempstead) says (a) "Yours wasn't fitted with one but, if it had have been, it would have been this one." and (b) they'll have a go at fitting and do the BSI work but, it's down to me and if it doesn't work, there's no hope of returning the parts.

That said, there's a blanking piece on the steering wheel shroud that just flicks off and reveals the place for the unit.

Anyhoo, I've just ordered one - the part number for mine is 6242.Z9, which is the one on Ebay at £45
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
PureJoe said:
Zooankski, many thanks for the above guide and your guide on the particle filter. :thumb:

no worries mate. I am going to do a guide on everything i do from now on inc servicing etc:D

Regarding the speed limiter-program it to say 70mph and no matter how far you push the accelerator, you will not go over 70mph.
IMHO cruise wthout limiter does pretty much the same job as long as you remember what speed to set it to:rolleyes:
It is also probable that you would require a new accelerator pedal for the speed limiter version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
PureJoe said:
I've just been quoted the same price for my '05 407 2.0HDi. The dealer (Palmers Hemel Hempstead) says (a) "Yours wasn't fitted with one but, if it had have been, it would have been this one." and (b) they'll have a go at fitting and do the BSI work but, it's down to me and if it doesn't work, there's no hope of returning the parts.

That said, there's a blanking piece on the steering wheel shroud that just flicks off and reveals the place for the unit.

Anyhoo, I've just ordered one - the part number for mine is 6242.Z9, which is the one on Ebay at £45

print the guide off and it should give them some clue!-my local Peugeot dealer said it was not possible without great expense!-load of old tosh:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
zooankski said:
print the guide off and it should give them some clue!-my local Peugeot dealer said it was not possible without great expense!-load of old tosh:D
Your words are, as you know, accurate.

For those of you who weren't at Luton to witness this display of mastery of technology, Zooankski programmed in my Cruise Control (and found a couple of other faults) a couple of hours ago.

My 407 now virtually drives itself. I have extra buttons to press and a new illuminated message on my dash.

People! Go out and buy a cruise control. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
PureJoe said:
Your words are, as you know, accurate.

For those of you who weren't at Luton to witness this display of mastery of technology, Zooankski programmed in my Cruise Control (and found a couple of other faults) a couple of hours ago.

My 407 now virtually drives itself. I have extra buttons to press and a new illuminated message on my dash.

People! Go out and buy a cruise control. :thumb:
You did video this i take it.:bang:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
PureJoe said:
Your words are, as you know, accurate.

For those of you who weren't at Luton to witness this display of mastery of technology, Zooankski programmed in my Cruise Control (and found a couple of other faults) a couple of hours ago.

My 407 now virtually drives itself. I have extra buttons to press and a new illuminated message on my dash.

People! Go out and buy a cruise control. :thumb:

Many thanks mate-enjoy it and get that filler cap sensor fixed:D , i will look in to the EGR for you too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
For anyone who's interested, I also retrofitted cruise on my 04 Partner 2.0HDi

Just bouht the switch, cut a small piece from the shroud and fitted it. Bad part was I had to have Peugeot activate it, but all works fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
873 Posts
How much did peugeot charge and do you think this will work ok on a berlingo. sorry to ask, i really should check myself but vans not here at the minute.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
daffyduck said:
How much did peugeot charge and do you think this will work ok on a berlingo. sorry to ask, i really should check myself but vans not here at the minute.
Peugeot are talking an hour's labour. I suspect that if there is a place to fit the module, it will work.

zooankski said:
nope-but it is spot on as per my guide:D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/marc.z/index.html/Peugeot Files/Peugeot 207 cruise control Retrofit.ppt

I think we should have another forum section containing guides only? what do you guys think as Betty has put some good ones together and i have done a couple now-only problem is you have to dig around to find the links.
Go for it! And make it a sticky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
They charged me £85.25 in May 2008 all in.

There are a few other dealers round here, but they wouldn't carry out the work - so much for competition then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
zooankski said:
for £12 i think i will have to order one myself!
i believe the part numbers are-

6242z8 (speed limiter)

6242z9 (non limiter)
is this one 6242z9 (non limiter)fine for the 307 without a change of pedal?:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
From the invoice the Part No is:- P00006242Z9 "ZZZ CDE REGULAT"

Mine already had switches on the clutch and brake pedals if that makes a difference.

As far as I know, I only have cruise control, if I have a speed limiter as well I don't know how to use it !!!
 
21 - 40 of 873 Posts
Top