Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 873 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew i'd get thinking up silly plans!

If a cruise control stalk was somehow added such as this... (maybe have to get different steering control shroud as well, or just saw a big sodding hole in it!?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-207-307-407-CRUISE-CONTROLSTALK-BNIB_W0QQitemZ300370188660QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45ef755974

Could it be enabled in planet, are the connectors already in place does anyone know? and does the car come with the neccessary sense to use it or is it a special ECU that deals with this?? or is it even a different type of comm 2000 thats needed!?

I'm going on a "optional extras for peanuts binge" soon i think, folding mirrors, automtic lights and wipers, auto dim rear view, oh its going to have it all!! :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Awell as fitting the C/control stalk you may also have to fit a second
brake pedal switch which disables the C/control when you brake.
On Planet you'll have to enable c/control to present in the bsi configuration and also on the engine ecu configuration.
some of the newer 307's and 407's also have speed limiters on the
accelerator pedal.
Ron.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm might be more trick than expected then

at least the comm 2000 is ready to have a cruise control stalk, hurdle one is well and truly cleared there! :D

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i quite like the looks on this.. will keep reading.

just a quick question. doesnt the ECU/BSI know when you are braking thus automatically shutting down the cruise control?

just wondering as the abs/speed sensors have to be mastered by something.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Just been doing a bit off googleing in the early hours as being on night shift i tend to get quite bored and find shit out.

well i found this link http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f68/peugeot-407-1-6hdi-04-cruise-installation-72575/

this confirms that cruise control can be fitted and installed on a 407.

again this does the same
http://www.407owners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1684

now what made me smile is that apparently you dont need the pedal switches just the stalk and the pp2000 system to tell the bsi that it is installed and that you need to be doing over 30mph in 4th/5th :D some good news anyways.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
"If it is possible on this model you need to configure it in the injection ECU menu. Set RVV (french abreviation for CC)to present, you then need to switch off ignition & let BSI shutdown before it takes effect. " - digitalkaos forums

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
cck2k9 said:
"If it is possible on this model you need to configure it in the injection ECU menu. Set RVV (french abreviation for CC)to present, you then need to switch off ignition & let BSI shutdown before it takes effect. " - digitalkaos forums
You first.:worship:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hahaha i would if i had the stalk, apparently the dealer will sell it for about £40. actually come to think of it i might just do it for the shits of it hahaha

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
im seriously debating it. £40 for cruise control - if they dont mind me sayin thats a fookin bargain!!! would have to wait till im on leave and till the car is fixed...should be next week :p

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ok here it goes rang simon bailes in stockton-on-tees.

cruise control stalk with speed limiter - £45.30 (but needs to be specially ordered)
cruise control stalk without speed limiter - £12.70

both with VAT!

now isn't that much cheaper than the dude on ebay selling his for £65 and £5 postage!

i think i might just do it.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
well i rang, spoke to an oldish gentleman. and said what car you got i said 307 no details given :s

even still for that price it cheaper than ebay

·
Registered
406 Posts
Right-a little more digging and i have sussed out that if you want the speed limiter then a pedal change is also required (as you have to over come the resistance in pedal to accelerate if needed)
Just brought a Z9 stalk brand new for £45 posted and will keep you lot informed if it works on the 207!
Hooked up planet and only reference to cruise i could see was in ECY config (present/not present) although i may have missed something in the bsi config??? will give it a bash:D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300370188660&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
just done a bit more digging on the 407 forums and the french 307 forums and apparently you need to have the brake switch if you want the speed limiter one.
to check to see if it is already fitted find your brake switch - look at your pedal, follow it to pole, follow pole to the firewall and apparently its there.
look at the wire.
if it has 2 connectors then its not going to work and you will need to install one.
if it has 4 connectors or 2 wires with 2 connectors then there is a chance.

oh and apparently the newer versions of the 307 will just have the 2 connector one - unfortunately

i have a 2001 model so hopefully - will confirm this.

to program it you need to do the ecu and bsi.

ecu - set RDV/RVV to present
bsi - config - misc - speed control/speed regulator - present

this is the info i dug out. as soon as i am on leave i will try and get a stalk and confirm this.

oh for those who are lucky enough to have a 207 it has been confirmed plug,config and play

http://www.207oc.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=803.0

i think it just a gamble from now, like i say as soon as i will try

1 - 20 of 873 Posts