Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im new to this forum picking my car up on Tuesday next week and was curious if cruise control can be retrofitted as it doesnt come as standard on my poor little S model.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Buy a Sport or SE with cruise as standard...?
It alright for you , your wages come from a Government who build themselves moats at the bottom of the garden,
maybe he`s one of the lower classes that you and your mates practice truncheon battering with .

Only joking , you can`t really get my address can you.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again
Got my pug 308 had for about 4 weeks now, regarding cruise control cant believe nobody else has tried it since everybodys doing it to there 206,207,307,407s anyway quick question are 308 ECU'S locked as I now have my stalk in, part no 6242Z9 cruise without speed limiter and when peugeot planet is plugged in I can get to BSI configuration which shows without cruise or speed limiter - when I change it to cruise without speed limiter it shows up but wont let me save it upon exit.
Any help would be great thanks...........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car is a 2010 1.6 vti 120 s petrol/auto if that helps its poss peugeot have decided to be smarty pants and stop people from doing there own thing which is a bit sad as ive always like to buy the basics and add what I like to them this car is far more tricky to fiddle about with than my E class merc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cruise control now working perfectly it was my fault as I was being daft- peugeot planet kept telling me to switch ignition on but I kept switching the engine on so it couldn't configure ECU. After I realised my mistake turned ignition off and then changed settings it would accept them and save configuration.
Thanks to all you offered help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi. A week ago I bought a 2008 308 1,6 HDI EMG without CC. Apparently CC can be retrofitted but what is this Peugeot Planet you're talking about? Can't I just buy the stalk and install?

EDIT: EMG is what the electronically controlled manual gearbox is called in Norway. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure previous answers are correct - 2 dealers in Scotland wouldn't even tell me the part number of the stalk never mind sell me one as when I gave them my reg number and they had a little fiddle on there computers they said oh that doesn't have cruise control and its impossible to fit after its left the factory.
The strange thing is why they wouldnt want to take my money they must all be minted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Phone them , i bet you they say they can`t:nono:
When I bought the car at a Pug dealership he said it can be retrofitted so I guess they will. :)

Can somebody post a link to a diag tool that can program the Pug to accept the cc? Workshops charge apx £120/h in Norway.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
I'm sure previous answers are correct - 2 dealers in Scotland wouldn't even tell me the part number of the stalk never mind sell me one as when I gave them my reg number and they had a little fiddle on there computers they said oh that doesn't have cruise control and its impossible to fit after its left the factory.
The strange thing is why they wouldnt want to take my money they must all be minted.
To be fair, they're not going to "know" as it's not an official modification, and they're not going to waste their own time and money on a customers car to find it doesn't work. They're a garage, not laboratory with excess time and money to spend on the experiments and research that we as a group have.

Until the factory tell them that it's an official mod and issue a bulletin to that effect, they are a business earning money - we're hobbyists who can spend as much time mulling it as we like.

Additionally, there's product liability to consider - until it becomes an 'official' mod or kit, they won't touch it anyway as if the car explodes, or you die they're gonna spend zillions in the court defending themselves.

Even potentially supplying a part might make them liable if something goes wrong, so don't be surprised if they won't supply it, or (like my first garage did) make you sign a lengthy disclaimer before taking your money.

I wish people would remember that just because they know how to do something, someone else isn't necessarily a dipshit because they can't or won't do it for them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts