Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Just joined forum. Just bought a 2001 2L petrol 806GLX with only 26,000 miles on it (genuine!!). It's in truly immaculate condition. Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit a cruise control system to it? Previous car (about to offer for sale) was/is a 2003 Skoda Octavia TDi 130PD that had/has everything on it. I know I'm gonna miss the cruise control more than anything else! Anyone know if a complete kit for DiY is available and what's involved exactly? Grateful for any advice.

Also, just spotted that it lacks reversing sensors. Don't suppose anyone knows if these are retro-fittable (either DiY or supplier)?

Well pleased with the car - just miss some of the bells & whistles!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very interested in this to i have citroen c8 2,2 hdi with bosch ecu any help very much appreciated if any one could point me in the right direction for part no for stalk needed it would also be appreciated i have diag box so adding should be no problem
Thanks in advance
Pug:thumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I added cruise control this summer onto our 806 HDI, but I think that the petrol one will be much harder.

Even on the HDI I had to hack into the wiring loom on the back of the ECU and run four wires to the cruise stalk and switch, not for the faint hearted. I have a theory that this is due to ours being a basic model with keep fit rear window winders etc. I think that if you have certain options then you get the luxury wiring loom that includes the cruise control connectors.

Also I had to reprogram the ECU with Peugeot Planet 2000 to activate the feature.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my Gawd - that all sounds a bit challenging! Mine's the GLX, but I've no idea whether the loom on this one includes the wiring connections for the cruise control or not. Where did you get the components (stalk, switch etc) for yours? Grateful for your input. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Try our member m3m, he supplied my cruise with limiter (my choice) and asked a very reasonable price. This was also backed up with after sales help. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts