Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first Pug 307 the other day, (04 plate, 2.0 HDi S).
Sadly there's no trip computer on it.

I'll have access to Peugeot Planet soon, but I've just popped the button off the stalk and its the bloody ribbon type :(

bettyswollocks says in another thread to contact if it has a ribbon, apparently you've found a way?

Anyone got any ideas what next?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
You can take the very tip out (the button that actually moves) and put in a small spring and plastic plunger , see pictures on here to see what they look like , otherwise you have to open up the com2000, which is a pain.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. So I can just replace the very tip (It's actually a cap that doesn't move at the moment?)

Where am I looking for pictures? They on a thread somewhere?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brill. Now I've enabled the trip computer on PP, is it possible to flip the cap off the end and use a small screwdriver to depress the switch to test it before going to the trouble of locating a replacement button for the end?

(I assume there's some sort of button to depress hence me not needing a full switch end)

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Yes , maybe something plastic half the length of a toothpick , i think one of the guys used the part on top of a bic pen that you hook onto your pocket :thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well bugger me sideways. I used a bit of broken off large plastic paperclip.....works a treat! The 'live' MPG is a bit too responsive though. Constantly changing a little bit too quick lol

I pulled the cap off and it already has a spring in it....although when 'plugged in' it doesnt move? Strange.

Edit : Thanks for you help :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I think its best left on that. I've reset it and I'm going to give it a whirl on the Average MPG for now, see what it comes out at with my Grandma style of driving :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts