Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The parts needed to successfully Retro Fit Genuine Wing Mirrors on a 207 / 207cc are:

PP2000 on Windows XP & Dongle to connect to the vehicle. you need to go into the customer order in BSI and enable mirrors to electric and optional to open/close with the fob if you desire.
2 X Original Wing motorized mirrors Left & Right, you can completely swap the outer housings with your own if you buy second hand ones and they are not the right color.
1X Left-Right Sliding down mirror switch & power window assembly, or you can Modify your own door panel switch or buy a compatible new one ( to modify your own, you will need the leg from a LED and a soldering iron to solder a jumper wire on the circuit board, use the longer LED leg to make another pin for the door Loom's plug and the remainder for the jumper wire, then modify the left-right slide switch by removing the white plastic inhibiter pin underneath the button so it can be pulled downwards. (note once working or programmed in PP2000 if you have pull down, it will override the fob and stay shut always, always check this incase it's not working)
2 x Original Peugeot Black Relays fitted inside the BSI white box, behind the BSI.

Hope this helps as it took me a lot of days research & time and a donor car to successfully fit and work out all the problems.... now you know It should take you about 1 hour! hardest part is fitting the two relays behind the BSI you need to remove the glove box, if I do another I'll post pictures for you.

Edit:
Please check your door harness has 4 wires that plug into your new mirror correspond.
Cheers Rick

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me know when your ready and ill post photos of the door switch mods

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm ready now! Lol got the mirrors on eBay, £120 delivered, new switch is £40. Relays are £5 each. So £170 all in and hopefully with your instructions an hours work and I'll be set. I have the software etc, so pics would be great.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm ready now! Lol got the mirrors on eBay, £120 delivered, new switch is £40. Relays are £5 each. So £170 all in and hopefully with your instructions an hours work and I'll be set. I have the software etc, so pics would be great.
Sorry for the delay just saw your post I'll do photos this weekend for the door switch
The mirrors and trim are on YouTube easy to find, just change out your mirrors and plug in the two plugs to the door loom. The plugs may look different but they will fit, if the mirror moves left right up down then your in business

You need to program in options in PP2000 Two places one is for electric mirror, other is Mirror with fob
Don't forget to press "configure" F7 to save it.

Here's image 5 for the next post that you need to modify the door switch. Obviously cut off the LED once you have soldered the leg to make you're new pin, and straighten it to fit into the housing. Photo is for illustration porpoises only.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
To modify the door switch:

Break off the little tab on the slide switch, you should now be able to push down in the middle position.

On the PCB solder a link and then make a new leg with the LED solder it to the top side ( rubber pad side) then trim it to the correct length.

The photos are for a two door switch, but is the same for both 4 door( watch out when you open the 4 door version the rear window disable switch hardware & Spring will fall out )

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shining bull let me know if you have any issues

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi! sorry to bump this old thread.
I was starting to give up until I found this.

First of all, thank you!
What I would like to know is if installing both relays is enough, or additional wiring from them to the mirrors / mirrors switch is needed.

Also, I'm not sure where the relays should be installed. Do I need to remove the BSI? My car is left hand drive so I don't have the glove box there.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi! sorry to bump this old thread.
I was starting to give up until I found this.

First of all, thank you!
What I would like to know is if installing both relays is enough, or additional wiring from them to the mirrors / mirrors switch is needed.

Also, I'm not sure where the relays should be installed. Do I need to remove the BSI? My car is left hand drive so I don't have the glove box there.

Many thanks!
No all you need are the Relays & replace with new or used factory Electric [Wing / Folding ] mirrors, 2 relays, modify the window/mirror switch and plug it all in, all wiring looms are factory fitted, as long as you have the correct electric mirrors they will work, once you enable it in Peugeot Planet 2000 to work with the door locks.

Yes, you need to pull out the BSI, the relay housing are in bottom of the white surround for the BSI as per picture.
Also you will need to program the BSI on custom options.
Cheers Rick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great! thank you.
I already enabled powerfold mirrors in PP2000.
I also got a new windows/mirror switch with folding option.

Here are some bad quality pics of the BSI in my car,

Relays are located in that white box?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it is inside that white box ? takes a bit to get to but worth it in the end !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys how can i manage my switch? Looks different then yours. This what I have inside the doors (pics 1,2). I have also (pics 3) but there is completely different connector to plug in. I’m looking on eBay for switch witch folding mirror but no one matching my one.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
not sure on the 207 but on older peugeots ALL the switches had the fold function but the top cover stopped the switch going back so you just had to slot the cover to allow fold to work

·
Registered
21 Posts
*UPDATE*

After having the mirrors enabled in the BSI, all things connected, new switch, new mirrors and realys (which even clicks after pushing down the folding button) the mirrors won't fold.

It seems not all Peugeot 207 have the complete wiring loom, mine is from 2013-14.

The brown connector for the powerfold mirror has 4 wires (1 grey - 1 purple - 2 white) but the connector in my car has only 2 white wires)

So that should be the first thing to check before starting to buy anything.

·
6,551 Posts
*UPDATE*

After having the mirrors enabled in the BSI, all things connected, new switch, new mirrors and realys (which even clicks after pushing down the folding button) the mirrors won't fold.

It seems not all Peugeot 207 have the complete wiring loom, mine is from 2013-14.

The brown connector for the powerfold mirror has 4 wires (1 grey - 1 purple - 2 white) but the connector in my car has only 2 white wires)

So that should be the first thing to check before starting to buy anything.
Could be just the door harnesses don't have the wires the body harness may still be wired. You would need to check door connector plugs to see if the wires are present on body harness side

Reactions: hargaR1

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bloody Peugeot, that’s be right changing it around! Sorry to hear you got a glitch, the cars I’ve done were all around 2007 to 2009 A7 models so try and get two door looms from an earlier model GTi and that should do the trick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I was going to give up and throw everything away, but there is maybe a little hope, although I think it won't be an easy/worth mod.

As you can see, the harness for the mirrors/windows switch has the missing wires for the mirror connector.

I have no idea if that could help, but if anyone has an advice it would be great.

As I can hear the relays working when I push dowh the folding button, I assume what I don't have are the wires that make the motor run.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts