Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya guys and girls I have just bought a 51 307 hdi glx how ever it is not quite the car I want so I want to add the extra little bits my self ie electric folding mirrors rear, electric windows, cruise control and rear parking sensors for now I will eventually changing the interior to leather and vinyl wrapping it but that's later on can any one help me with the bits I will need for the retro fits cruise control folding mirrors and electric windows please

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked in to the model and everything I want to do are all optional extras but I'd the wires aren't there then yes it's a different story lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it would be easier buying one with it all done but as iv got to do bits to get it through its mot and it's no fun having it all done for you I like to tinker my last project was a micra 1.3 k11 and I chucked a turbo on it took it from 90 odd bhp to 153bhp

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I like to tinker as well but your going to be looking at looms for the parts you want to add and you need to be careful as some of the electrics you may add may upset the BSI ect,

I have leds in the inside the display and the Lcd heater display as well as the window controls, when you unlock the car the inside lights up very dim with this done and it and stays on for 1min after you lock the car lucky for me its not done anything crazy yet but I have heard some frying the BSI just from adding a extra wire ect.

cruse control is not that hard to install only if you have the right bits on the car as you only need to add the finger tip stalk as seen on here,

the folding mirrors maybe tricky as you would need to get the loom for them but you might get away with a simple relay setup so you unlock the car and they open up and when you lock the car they close am thinking the inside dome light wire to the relay....ect

auto lights you can get a kit for them again I would be extra careful on that maybe speak to a local auto spark or someone that deals with alarms as they could show or give you info how to do it right,

I seen a guy that had done keyless start and keyless entry also when the car was dark the lights came on, but when the car is in day light they never came on again I thought it was fab

you could do many things its just want you want to start with, if you do any off these please do put a guide for others and let us know how it goes,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well today is my day off so I'm gonna have a look to see if I have all the wires there or if I will need to add extra looms In. If not driven mine but it is supposed to have auto lights on it all ready .

The keyless entry and start sounds good too :)

With the cc I want the limiter version I know there is the switch for the break as well.

I will be doing a full guide on here . But at the moment my biggest issue is the awful wolfrace wheels that's on it I really wanna get some original 17"

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
What OEM extras can be retrofited? I know of:

* Cruise Control
* On board computer
* Rain/light sensor (maybe?!)
Any of the original optional extras are in theory candidates for retro-fitting. It mainly depends on whether the car was fitted with a complete wiring loom in the factory. If the car had an option that required extra wiring then the chances are it will have the full loom while a bog standard lowest spec car is likely to have a bare bones loom.

Some people have been able to fit parking sensors and factory alarms as they had the required wiring whereas my 307 had no extra connectors for the option.

If you find you have all the extra connectors then it's down to hown much you want to spend and what parts you can find on sale.

·
5,886 Posts
I am sure there was a thread on here were someone fitted front fogs and need to change under bonnet fuse box even though wiring was in place

·
Registered
599 Posts
Front fog also require a certain BSM, above 3 IIRC.

I was considering implementing auto lights and wipers, but i have to check the loom presence beforehand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts