Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i mite be about for a while here now instead of asking for the little problems with my wifes 206 HDi. I have just bough an old 1995 LDV Pilot with 1.9D XUD , it has supposadly have 21K on the clock with old MOT`s to prove, when i get the [a[er work i will find out, i cant see it though from inspection on other areas like seat, kingpins said to be slightly worn.

Anyway, i have been trying to get it to run after a while of being not run, around 18 months, i have had a gerry can of diesel and bypassed the filter as it is broke so that is the next job. done this to see how it runs. Now it fires but wonr keep running on its own. it does at times but wiull not rev and cuts out after a few seconds.

what i have done

clean fuel gravity fed to pump.

checked the G plugs and got back 0.7 ohms ( 1ohm then minus the meters 0.3, and checked when removed from engine)

now i am thinking the problem could be the injectors not getting fuel through as its getting to the injector as i cracked the feed and it spits out on all four.

oh and white/grey smoke shows from the exhaust when it trying ti fire and runs a little.

what your opinions. i want it running and fettled soon a si will be using it as a camper.

cheers

wayne

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Pull it out get a turbo engine from a 306 or early 406 and fit that the 1.9 is way too slow in a camper :)

You need to swap a few bits around but it is doable and will be better on fuel

I know you don't want to go fast but you don't want to go backwards either !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull it out get a turbo engine from a 306 or early 406 and fit that the 1.9 is way too slow in a camper :)

You need to swap a few bits around but it is doable and will be better on fuel

I know you don't want to go fast but you don't want to go backwards either !

LOL kida, it was a plan in the first place and still could be if i get this running to sell to get a TD engine. I know what you mean as i have done engine swaps with a few 4x4`s i played with in the past with N/A and TD engines and TD all the way ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts