Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my new 307 keyed all the way down one side of the car. Completely gutted. Its deep and Im gonna need a respray. Can't believe that someone would do this. I've only had the car 6 days now.

Thing is Im not sure how much a respray is gonna cost and where any good garages are in Manchester. Would anyone be able to tell me how much I'd be looking at?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

G

·
1st call sould be to your local SMART repairer such as Chips Away or dentmaster etc and seek their opinion - the damage these boys can fix without recourse to a full repaint is incredible.

Failing that, it depends on the colour and age to have a side repainted - a metallic colour in good, recent, unfaded condition wont require 'blending' into adjacent panels and might cost in the order of £1000-£2000. It ain't cheap, so run it past your local SMART franchise first.

Once fixed, your next port of call is to fit a decent proximity alarm, such as those from Toad or Clifford once which'll activate and give a voice warning before they even touch the vehicle. Reckon on £300-400, a fraction the cost of another paint repair.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
spomonie said:
Today I got my new 307 keyed all the way down one side of the car. Completely gutted. Its deep and Im gonna need a respray. Can't believe that someone would do this. I've only had the car 6 days now.

Thing is Im not sure how much a respray is gonna cost and where any good garages are in Manchester. Would anyone be able to tell me how much I'd be looking at?

What a useless human being that done this ,probably living of the state , no job , no car, doesn`t own his own house came from a family that knows nothing but just how to breed and enough sense not to eat themselves, sorry if i`m stereotyping but things like this wind me right up.:mad: :mad:
Jealousy is a terrible thing.:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chopper1192 said:
1st call sould be to your local SMART repairer such as Chips Away or dentmaster etc and seek their opinion - the damage these boys can fix without recourse to a full repaint is incredible.

Failing that, it depends on the colour and age to have a side repainted - a metallic colour in good, recent, unfaded condition wont require 'blending' into adjacent panels and might cost in the order of £1000-£2000. It ain't cheap, so run it past your local SMART franchise first.

Once fixed, your next port of call is to fit a decent proximity alarm, such as those from Toad or Clifford once which'll activate and give a voice warning before they even touch the vehicle. Reckon on £300-400, a fraction the cost of another paint repair.

Just rang chips away and they've quoted my around £300 to respray both passenger doors which is pretty decent. Im gonna shop around some more but Its nice to know it can be done for a fraction of a full respray job.

Cheers for that fella.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went and seen a fella in Sale yesterday who said he can take out the entire scratch, paint, respray and bake the door, take out a very minor dent in the door aswell. Job lot £170.

Chuffed. Also, gonna get him to do a couple of touch ups here and there aswell so around £220 for everything. Its money I shouldn't have to spend but I can't leave the car as it is, so gonna get it booked in one day this week.

Pleased it's not going to cost me and arm and leg to get sorted out. Not gonna park my car there any more, next time they'll probably put the window through. Its not worth the risk and expense.

·
Registered
22 Posts
spomonie said:

I understand your feeling mate. The scratches I have on my car were already there when I bought it (it is second-hand). But it still hurts when I see them. Got a scratch all the way on the passenger side and another one on the engine. As I'm still a student (with not much of an income ;) ) and I keep my car parked outside our house, I'll have to keep the scratches for the time being.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts