Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought my 307 and so far I'm pretty pleased with it. It had 2 previous owners and all in all it's not a bad car.

The one niggling thing that keeps getting me is that the previous owner appears to have had a thing for driving through thorn bushes. I can only assume this because I washed the car today and discovered many little scratches all over the body and even one on the rear offside passenger window.

I've tried a bit of TCut but it still doesn't look spot on and there are a couple of larger scratches down to the plastic on a couple of the panels and the bumper has a scuff that's irritating me now.

I can't understand how one person can scratch a car so much, but they managed it and after my polishing today the car looks good but the scratches are still slightly noticable.

So here's the question, what to do about it?

I presume a paint repair job would require a complete respray of the whole car and would be expensive so instead I was wondering how hard it would be to simply replace the panels that have the larger scratches on them and maybe the front bumper too? They all appear to be plastic and I have seen that 307s appear to have no shortage in brakers spare parts.

Which is the better approach here?

·
Registered
70 Posts
hello there, i to not long had a 307 and the rear bumber and inside the boot was bad, i assume they had a dog who liked to jump in and out and maybe chew bits. anyways long story short yes a respray will cost a bomb if you went down this route would spending all that money on the same colour be worth it? probs not.

on the other hand you can go to your local scrapyard for parts i picked up a better looking bumber for £20 but i feel i was lucky as looking around most of the cars were looking pretty bad tbh.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would first go for full machine polish with a buffer and a compound like Farecla G3 then finish off with a hand glaze to remove the swirls.

Next buy some of that black coloured polish which should also include a black chip stick and apply liberally around the car , ensure that no compound or hand glaze is sat in the scratches so that the black polish can fill them up instead.

Taking a good day at it you will be surprised with the results , my CC was the same and its all good now , il post some pictures when i can :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would first go for full machine polish with a buffer and a compound like Farecla G3 then finish off with a hand glaze to remove the swirls.

Next buy some of that black coloured polish which should also include a black chip stick and apply liberally around the car , ensure that no compound or hand glaze is sat in the scratches so that the black polish can fill them up instead.

Taking a good day at it you will be surprised with the results , my CC was the same and its all good now , il post some pictures when i can :thumb:
Is that one of those spinny things with the handles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts