Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what resistance there should be across the two pins on the seatbelt tensioners on a 307?
I have airbag light on on mates 2006 307 and according to planet both left and right front seat belt tensioners are faulty. Does anyone know if planet shows both as faulty if only one is faulty?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David,

Checking the resistance without shorting the pins will blow it up? Ive checked across them and nothing blew up. Airbags nver been deployed on this car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ps. I meant with tensioner disconnected..
Sorry for confusion David
As for why I thought it might be a handy way of testing one at the scrappies if I knew the resistance on a good one..

·
Registered
586 Posts
A small millivoltage will set of an airbag. A multimeter uses a millivoltage to test systems you I would not recommend using a multimeter on anything airbag related

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi MadV, agreed absolutely... Im taling about checking the res on a tensioner that is out of a car and connected to nothing. see link below:
If they can be checked simply like this great.

·
Registered
14,653 Posts
A pretentioner is triggered in the same way as an airbag so what they are saying is true i would not risk it

I personally have fired a pretentioner just to see what can happen and the force exerted was much more violent than i expected :)

If the tensioner is unfired then its more likely the wiring that is the problem rather than the tensioner itself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts