Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i go about resetting fault codes/ modules on a GT?

Been looking online and some cars have certain things you can do to reset stuff just wondering if there is such a thing with these or is it just through the port? Which system would i need to do it through the port also?

Thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
Not sure what you mean by resetting modules but resetting fault codes quite often isn't necessary if the cause is temporary.

An example: if you run out of fuel (this is my diesel experience, petrol may be different) then a warning light will appear on the dashboard. When you put fuel in, which removes the cause, the light stays on for a while before disappearing after about 5 - 10 engine restarts. The fault is still logged and can be read by code readers.

If there's a fault which triggers a warning light that doesn't disappear after fixing the cause you will need to use a decent code reader to clear the lamp/message. The preferred reader is a clone of the official PSA Diagbox but high-end readers can get a fair way in to the ECUs. Only Diagbox can do everything though.

What sort of things are you wanting to change? These are not faults if I understand you correctly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got automatic headlamp adjustment fault coming on soon as i turn the lights on even if im sitting still.

Its been on ever since i hit a pothole in the road earlier in week, had a garage plug a reader in and it aint coming up with fault codes but my service light comes on and flags up 'automatic headlamp adjustment fault' when lights come on when its on auto, and if you put them on manually but both service light and fault vanishes when lights are off.

Ive had car up on ramps last night thinking it might of knocked a sensor or something but both front and rear sensor are still there and the little rods are still connected.

I just thought the judder might of confused it and then as its logged a error code it comes on instantly.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
That will be one of the suspension sensors has been damaged or a wire loose. A generic EOBD code reader won't tell you about that, they generally only read ECU problems.
You would have to get it checked with a more specific code reader.
Certainly Diagbox would give you all the information available.

·
Registered
695 Posts
An example: if you run out of fuel (this is my diesel experience, petrol may be different) then a warning light will appear on the dashboard. When you put fuel in, which removes the cause, the light stays on for a while before disappearing after about 5 - 10 engine restarts. The fault is still logged and can be read by code readers.

Never seen any car yet that needs 5-10 engine starts after refueling to put the fuel light out,or heard of a fault code being logged for low fuel :confused:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Haven't run out fuel in either the C5 X7 or 308 yet but did do so in both my Mk1 C5 and Phase 2 Xsara. These both exhibited the lamp for several restarts. It's logged as a low fuel pressure problem - no fuel to pump of course!

It wasn't the low fuel lamp, it's the error warning lamp (MIL).

·
Registered
695 Posts
Haven't run out fuel in either the C5 X7 or 308 yet but did do so in both my Mk1 C5 and Phase 2 Xsara. These both exhibited the lamp for several restarts. It's logged as a low fuel pressure problem - no fuel to pump of course!

It wasn't the low fuel lamp, it's the error warning lamp (MIL).
Ah ok i get you, I misread your post the first time around :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts