Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Hi!

I tried this after oil change in Boxer 2011 but it's not working. Is there some other way to reset service light?

Thanks in advance!
A quick google search found this which might help.......

Procedure for Boxer spanner light it is slightly different but not complicated. However, you should carry out any service that is due and then do a re-set procedure as follows:

* Place the ignition key in the MAR position (1st notch) and wait until the spanner stops flashing,

* Press the trip recorder re-set button for five seconds.

-------The distance remaining to the next service is displayed-------.

* Press the trip distance recorder zero reset button for five seconds to store the operation in the memory.

Important: after this operation, if you wish to disconnect the battery, lock the vehicle and wait for at least five minutes, otherwise the zero re-set will not be registered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A quick google search found this which might help.......

Procedure for Boxer spanner light it is slightly different but not complicated. However, you should carry out any service that is due and then do a re-set procedure as follows:
Yes, I also found this instruction How do reset service light on peugeot partner van - Fixya but I think that is for Boxer mk2 and 2011 is mk3.

2011 Boxer does not have anymore "stick" to reset trip meter next to speedometer. In 2011 Boxer trip meter is reset with a button which is in the end of the windscreen wiper lever (Sorry about my poor english, I don't know is this the right name of the switch).

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Never had a boxer van so no personal experience with it. The 307's both pre & post facelift have two trip displays, one on the MFD which you reset with the button on the wiper stalk. The other trip is in the small display below the speedometer which is reset by pressing and holding in the right hand button in the dashboard clock assembly. This same button also resets the service indicator and removes the spanner. The only other suggestion I can come up with is to google for an online manual

The online Peugeot manual for a 2011 Boxer doesn't give any information for resetting the spanner symbol. It says the oil pressure warning light will permanently flash when the oil deteriorates and the only way to stop the flashing is to reset it with the diagnostic equipment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9hwo1rh9t8zfsd/35_boxer-dad-ed01-2010.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Never had a boxer van so no personal experience with it. The 307's both pre & post facelift have two trip displays, one on the MFD which you reset with the button on the wiper stalk. The other trip is in the small display below the speedometer which is reset by pressing and holding in the right hand button in the dashboard clock assembly. This same button also resets the service indicator and removes the spanner. The only other suggestion I can come up with is to google for an online manual
It has only one trip display and there is not any button on speedometer. Trip meter is controlled by the button on wiper stalk. By pressing button in wiper stalk it changes from trip distance to average consumption etc. I also looked from car's printed manual but there is no any instuctions for service indicator reset.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
It has only one trip display and there is not any button on speedometer. Trip meter is controlled by the button on wiper stalk. By pressing button in wiper stalk it changes from trip distance to average consumption etc. I also looked from car's printed manual but there is no any instuctions for service indicator reset.
The online Peugeot manual for a 2011 Boxer doesn't give any information for resetting the spanner symbol. It says the oil pressure warning light will permanently flash when the oil deteriorates and the only way to stop the flashing is to reset it with the diagnostic equipment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9hwo1rh9t...-ed01-2010.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9hwo1rh9t...-ed01-2010.pdf
Yes, that is what is does. Also yellow "wrench" light is on indicating need of service. Warranty of the car ended few months ago and I started to change oil and filter by my self. Local official Peugeot garage refuse to reset light becouse they have not made service by themselves :mad:

I guess I will by diagnostic equipments, will need them in the future during the oil change... Is it Lexia3 cable and Diagbox software what I need? Any recommendations were to buy?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes, that is what is does. Also yellow "wrench" light is on indicating need of service. Warranty of the car ended few months ago and I started to change oil and filter by my self. Local official Peugeot garage refuse to reset light becouse they have not made service by themselves :mad:

I guess I will by diagnostic equipments, will need them in the future during the oil change... Is it Lexia3 cable and Diagbox software what I need? Any recommendations were to buy?
Yes if you can't reset the manual way then you want lexia with diagbox software I have one kicking about looking for £60 posted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, 2000 306 1.9 diesel and the usual reset technique isn't working. When I press and hold in the trip reset button I get the -10 counter for a split second before the tripometer just resets itself to zero. Any ideas?!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but is it normal for the miles to next service to plummet so quickly? I've done about 2500 miles since getting my 206 around 5 months ago, back then it read '10250' but it's now at '3050' :confused:

I gather it takes some off each time the car is started as well as taking the miles travelled off?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but is it normal for the miles to next service to plummet so quickly? I've done about 2500 miles since getting my 206 around 5 months ago, back then it read '10250' but it's now at '3050' :confused:

I gather it takes some off each time the car is started as well as taking the miles travelled off?
When you bought the car was it displaying Km or miles. If it was displaying Km and you changed it to miles then that could account for the big sudden drop 10250 Km is around 6369 miles.

·
Registered
115 Posts
When you bought the car was it displaying Km or miles. If it was displaying Km and you changed it to miles then that could account for the big sudden drop 10250 Km is around 6369 miles.
Nope it's always in miles, well to tell you the truth you can't really tell, it just says the number but no other information as to whether it's miles or not :)

Displaying my ignorance here but I didn't know you could change it from km to miles?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
It's a setting in the trip computer. You can set units to litres & Km or Gallons & miles. I'm pretty sure that if you change the units, the display changes to the unit you have set it to.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's a setting in the trip computer. You can set units to litres & Km or Gallons & miles. I'm pretty sure that if you change the units, the display changes to the unit you have set it to.
Well in that case it's definitely not been changed, on some occasions when starting it will say something like '3200' then a split second later will drop by 100 miles, even if I've only driven say 20 miles that week.

Just wondering if this is normal or is it supposed to be exactly fixed to miles travelled?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just got in the car today to nip to the shops (2 miles), turned the engine over and the display dropped from 3050 to 2900. Hasn't been used all weekend. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
peugeot boxer 2013 oil light flashing

press accelerator and brake pedal together and switch ignition on.
done
oil light flashing finshed

21 - 40 of 44 Posts