Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If that spanner symbol has come up on your dashboard then it's time your car was due a service. The symbol is just a periodic reminder, it doesn't actually come up to denote a fault - the 'check engine' symbol does that.

If you service the car yourself and want to reset it or your garage has forgotten to reset it, you can do it yourself quite easily with the following simple steps:

This will work with the following models:

Peugeot 106 (1999 on)
Peugeot 206 (1998 on)
Peugeot 306 (1996 on)
Peugeot 307 (1996 on)
Peugeot 406 (1998 on)
Peugeot 607 (2000 on)
Peugeot 806 (1999 on)
Peugeot Expert (1999 on)
Peugeot 807 (2002 on)
Peugeot Partner (1999 on)
Peugeot Boxer (2002 on)

Procedure to Reset Peugeot Service Light as follows:

1. Switch the Ignition Off

2. Press and hold the tripmeter (mileage reset) button on the dash

3. Now switch the ignition to the ON position

4. Keep the button pressed for 10 seconds

5. The display will read '0' and the service symbol will extinguish. Job done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this one worked for me ,press and hold down both at the same time for 5 to 10 seconds: Enter or OK on tv display and the mute button on the remote , This worked and i reset
mine easy, also works on other lg models,you do not need to go into service menu and you dont need to buy service remote ,To bad i just orderd service remote and now i dont need it.

try it :
don

C

·
0 Posts
I can confirm it works on the 308 too.

I did grass up that ebay seller a while back and they removed his listings for breaching the copyright in the owners manual, so dunno how he made it back on there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI the link to that site gives an error message

Either you've used all your allocated bandwidth, have broken a few hundred rules of the hosting company or the feds are donning their kevlar boxer shorts to pay you a visit lol :eek:

Hopefully its just the first one ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reset service indicator

Can anyone help me please?!! I've just reset the service indicator and instead of returning to the usual 12,000 miles, it has reverted to 100 miles!! I've checked the manual which explains how to alter the mileage level which I have tried but it doesn't work!! Does anyone know how to change this? My car is a Peugeot 406 saloon, 2002.
Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dosent work on my 1998 306, if i hold the button in and turn the key on it goes straight to 0000,00 trip reading, if i dont hold button down and turn the
Key on then i get a flashing -0 -0 -0 -0 -0,
And then goes to normal trip odometer reading. What am i doing wrong??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok now it works!! My oil pressure sensor was
Broken off, so i replaced it and now it was possible
To reset the service light. Happy days :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
just wanted to know before i do the reset.Does the mileage return to the preset service miles and start to count down again.my pug is 307sw 56 plat e

·
Registered
4 Posts
If that spanner symbol has come up on your dashboard then it's time your car was due a service. The symbol is just a periodic reminder, it doesn't actually come up to denote a fault - the 'check engine' symbol does that.

If you service the car yourself and want to reset it or your garage has forgotten to reset it, you can do it yourself quite easily with the following simple steps:

This will work with the following models:

Peugeot 106 (1999 on)
Peugeot 206 (1998 on)
Peugeot 306 (1996 on)
Peugeot 307 (1996 on)
Peugeot 406 (1998 on)
Peugeot 607 (2000 on)
Peugeot 806 (1999 on)
Peugeot Expert (1999 on)
Peugeot 807 (2002 on)
Peugeot Partner (1999 on)
Peugeot Boxer (2002 on)

Procedure to Reset Peugeot Service Light as follows:

1. Switch the Ignition Off

2. Press and hold the tripmeter (mileage reset) button on the dash

3. Now switch the ignition to the ON position

4. Keep the button pressed for 10 seconds

5. The display will read '0' and the service symbol will extinguish. Job done.
Hi!

I tried this after oil change in Boxer 2011 but it's not working. Is there some other way to reset service light?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts