Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again,
right from the begining, ive got a 406 2.0hdi (110), when i brought it the screen in the dash that tells you your mpg, distance left in tank, etc etc was broke (lcd). there was no buttons on it just a round circle like a remote control sensor. took a trip down my local pug breakers and the only one i could get was the one with the 2 buttons on 1 either side of the screen £25. now ive been able to set the time and date an tempreture, but when u press the wiper stalk for the mpg etc, its all over the place sometimes saying 999.9 mpg (i wish it were true lol), my ? being can any1 tell me how to reset it so it gives me a true reading.

cheers simon.

G

·
I'm not 100% sure you can - on the multiplexed cars the screen communicates back with the ECU and if you change it for a slightly different version it might not all work properly.

Maybe it can be reconfigured with Planet, though I have to say I'm not 100% certain either way.

do be aware that the mileage display will often register 999.9mpg when on the overun, when the injectors shut off to save fuel and for emissions purposes - the screen won't go as high as infinity, so 999.9 is the highest it'll go and you will see it frequently on the live mpg readout when coasting, slowin g down, lifting off and rollng down a hill etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks 4 that, i may be selling it to buy a later 406, so i might just leave it as it is,

cheers simon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts