Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, ok had a major problem earlier this week, something in or by the rear interior light faulted and shorted out, this melted the interior light wiring, some other wiring close to in the roof lining and blew a few fuses.

After 9 hours and MUCH rewiring normality seems to have resumed BUT i have airbag fault warning light on the instrument panel and lcd screen.

I am presuming this is because one of the rear airbag/curtain unit cables had shorted together (which has now been repaired).

What can i do to turn this warning off?
Thanks.
Ade.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know anything about these?
Have someone local to me saying once they throw a fault code it cannot be reset/cleared and someone else tells me it can be done but not easily?

Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i found reference to it clearing its self on google too!

Ok soooo if its not clearing its self then there is a possibility i have not rewired correctly?
OR possible when the loom burned out it did some wiring in that i missed?
If so im going to need a wiring diagram for the rear crash curtains and airbags, does anyone have something like that? looked in my Gaynes manual but its not very clear on this (happen they dont want you messing lol)

Thanks,
Ade.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
A temporary fault will clear itself but the wiring shorting may have caused a fault in the curtain trigger and if so it will not clear.

What you have read is sort of true if an airbag or tensioner is triggered then the fault becomes permanent in the ecu this can only be reset by setting the airbag ecu back to factory settings and i do not think planet can do this

As betty says get it on planet see why light is still on

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well none of the bag/curtain system deployed, it was just the curtain on the passenger side in the rear the 2 wires had shorted together.
If it needs the ecu resetting how is that done?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts