Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the Comm2000 on my SW asit is suffering from floppy indicator and airbag light syndrome !

Is this an easy job ? Do I need to remove the steering wheel ?

And I assume I need to remove it to identify it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
The comm2000 unit is (I believe) seperate to the stalks - I say this because I have an issue with the foglamp switch not working properly (turns fogs on, but wont turn them off again) and I've been told it could be either the comms unit or the stalks....

·
5,891 Posts
Stalks and comm2000 are one unit. Easy job if no ESP on car steering wheel off disconnect a few plugs and one clamp to loosen. If you have ESP steering sensor needs to be calibrated with Planet or similar

·
5,891 Posts
Not too bad to do there is a thread on here that covers it, if a new unit then easy if removed with wheels centred and preset com2000 second-hand units need to make sure its set up before fitting. calibration not rocket science planet does give good prompts.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks like my car has a COM2003 unit - is that the same thing re: calibration - really going to have to sort it out - I never use my fogs but I've fixed pretty much everything else so now it bothers me that it doesn't work lol

C

·
0 Posts
I need to replace the Comm2000 on my SW asit is suffering from floppy indicator and airbag light syndrome !

Is this an easy job ? Do I need to remove the steering wheel ?

And I assume I need to remove it to identify it ?

Thanks
endmorph

Yeah just re read your post so this may or may not help tbh floppy indicators can be kinda bodged / repaired using this method

As you have the Airbag light on there may be deeper issues there but have you checked that its not a dodgy sensor / switch or broken wire on the airbag system and not the COMMs unit? Best wasy would be to get it on PLanet before splashing out on a new unit etc only to find out that your binning a perfectly good part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I saw the spong trick and funnily enough, it already has some foam in there !

OK scanned the car this morning and I have got the following airbag fault

Level 2 Drivers AEs Air Bag Fault, High Stop. Local

Any ideas anyone ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts