Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boot has been stiff to open for ages and today the struts seem to have packed in completely. I'm assuming they both need completely replaced and this looks like a simple job. First question - is it as simple as it looks?

Secondly, has anyone sourced some decent struts? Europarts ones are around £70 for the pair, but a few places e.g. Amazon are selling a pair for about £15.

I obviously don't want to buy crap and don't mind getting the £70 if I need to but just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some decent reasonably priced ones?

Any advice much appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi they are easy to remove and fit just a clip on the back where it attaches I bought a pair off eBay for around 15 however one keeps popping off after only a few month of being on the car hope this helps

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Check out the SGS Engineering website. Excellent service and very reasonable.
They do list according to car model too.
I bought 4 for a different purpose and they came in at around £20 each.

But check the total length of your existing struts (fully extended) just to be sure.

You will need to fit them with the tailgate lifted right up, so unless you have sky hooks available, you need something to support it.
Struts are fitted with the chamber at the bottom when compresed.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
FWIW - One of my work colleagues who was very tight with his money, his daughter had a 307 SW with weak tailgate gas struts.

He decided to match them up to the vatious gas struts we used on the forklifts & found a match in total length so fitted them on.

Anyway apprantly when she opened the tailgate after his repair it nearly took her head off as the gas struts he had fitted where rated at a 1000 Nm each :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts