Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just trying to find out if anyone has replaced both the rocker cover and the gasket? I've been told my rocker cover mah be warped hence causing the oil to leak from the corners of the rocker cover. This has only been doing this since having my head gasket done. I've had 2 new rocker cover gaskets

Thanks kirsty

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Kirsty,

I replied to this on your first post about your oil leak.

Can I assume you've had the rocker cover gasket replaced twice since then?

I have to say if this has only been a problem since they replaced your head gasket, I would be taking it back and getting them to repair is FOC as the fault was not there before... Maybe they garage over tightened the rocker cover and damaged it?

Did you get the breather hoses checked to ensure they're not blocked?

If so the only options I can see are a cracked rocker cover (not your fault) or damage to one or more Pistons allowing combustion gasses to pressurise the crankcase (pushing oil past the rocker cover gasket)

Have you noticed any pressure when removing the oil filler cap at all? (Possibly like opening a bottle of fizzy drink?)

If so this could be your problem.
My main suggestion is to go back to the garage and get them to investigate... if it didn't do it before, it shouldn't be doing it now.

I wouldn't recommend doing the rocker cover yourself unless you have a torque wrench and the torque specs for your car as if you over tighten the rocker cover, you could damage it and/or the new gasket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts