Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 mod 307cc has an after market radio installed which I am considering replacing with an RD45, along with a matching MFD screen. Complete packages for this are available, most stating that the screen is fitted with a 12pin socket. The wiring to the screen in my vehicle ends in a 12 pin plug but there are only four wires attached. Is this adequate for my proposed upgrade or do I need a new wiring loom as well with more connections to the plug?
Thanks for any help.
Bobbo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the confusing thread title. RD4 would have been the original radio.
Bobbo

·
7,543 Posts
It possible at that age the car is VAN/CAN wiring and not CAN/CAN so its not a easy job you will need a VAN to CAN interface at a minimum.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
RD4 and 307 2006 means can-can.

So it should be possible to replace a RD4 for RD45. Don't forget to program your VIN in the RD45. If you can't do it yourself, some sellers on Aliexpress can arrange that before sending it to you.

I did own a 307 can-can but no experience with RD45 myself. So I don't know many pins the display connector has.

I think if you have already a matrix display, you may not have to change the display. But I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Windy and Bart. Seems my chances of making this work are getting better all the time.
Need to replace the MFD as my existing one is cactus. So long as the upgraded screen matches my vehicle wiring all will be good.
Am aware of supplying a VIN to the seller for programming.
Thanks again,
Bobbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts