Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car almost 3 years old had MOT today failed on O/S front spring being broken do you think dealer will do a warranty replacement or say wear and tear?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well if it were mine I'd give it a bloody good shot at saying so.

There was a post earlier this year about someone who had a broken spring but couldn't get one through the dealer service system. I presume that one has been sorted out by now.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took car to my main dealer this afternoon and they confirmed the spring broken and replacement will be done free under warranty.
They have ordered a new spring and will fit tomorrow.
They didn't want me to drive car so left it with them.
I asked if I could have a free loan car but as I'm over 75 they couldn't due to their insurer. I can only have one if my insurer will cover their car, I phoned him and I can drive it third party but to be fully covered there would be an admin. charge of £26.88.
So if not completed tomorrow I will pay that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
And they can spear a tyre.

My wife was reversing out of car park when it happened to her in her old Xsara. Very low speed but I'd hate to think what might have happened on the open road just a few minutes later.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Probably snapped at the top / bottom ring so you wouldn't have really noticed much. You would definitely know if it snapped somewhere in the middle!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was broken at bottom.

Car collected just now but Peugeot have instructed that as warranty the dealer as to change the N/S as well under warranty.
So booked in again for a week on Tuesday, will have to wait as this first one was done urgently to get me on the road safely quickly, I'm grateful it was done within 24 hours after I was made aware of the fault.
Re-MOT to be done Monday AM.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here is an update.
I have returned car to my main dealer this morning as we noticed a strange noise at the front o/s which is the spring so far replaced. They have now received the second spring which was to be fitted next week as non urgent and now will be fitted today/tomorrow and then they will access the noise which they can hear too.

I quiet impressed by the good attention I'm being given in spite of them being very busy they appear to be booking routine jobs 2 to 3 weeks in advance.

Anyone had noises after spring replacement?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well just heard second spring fitted and noise is from the anti roll bar link, they have one in stock and being fitted right now.

Any comment as to if the broken spring would have caused this to go?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well they changed this anti roll bar link but still got the noise so the damper in the broken spring side is suspect so that going to be changed tomorrow after they speak to Peugeot.

Have asked them to talk to Peugeot should they do both dampers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts