Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ongoing odyssey continues.

As I believed there might be a fault with the diesel additive control unit, I bought a second hand one. They seem to be the same part. Photo attached. I am assuming the numbers which don't match are batch/date related.

However when I plug the replacement in Peugeot Planet reports that the ECU has not replied - which is moving in the wrong direction!

Now either I am missing something where you need to inform the system that a new additive ECU is being used (I can find no way to do this in PP - there are things that hint at it but none of them actually seem to do much other than giving you the counters from the current ECU) - OR the replacement ECU is dead (it is a second hand part) - OR they are not the same part...

As always, and ideas are most welcome - as the only next step I can think of is to buy and try yet another additive control unit...

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I replaced my additive ecu recently, literally plugged in and works, didn't need to connect the laptop at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced my additive ecu recently, literally plugged in and works, didn't need to connect the laptop at all.
Sorry for not replying earlier - I didn't get notified of a reply for some reason...

That's good to know - I will try another one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts