Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Ive just got a new sensor as mine is faulty, do i have to drain the whole coolant system to replace the sensor or can i just take the sensor off and replace any lost fluid?

Thanks in advance
Silver307

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all
Ive just got a new sensor as mine is faulty, do i have to drain the whole coolant system to replace the sensor or can i just take the sensor off and replace any lost fluid?

Thanks in advance
Silver307
according to my haynes manual it says you can bung up hole when sensor is taken out to stop water flowing out and replace sensor.
also can i ask what problems you were having with the sensor,i only ask as i recently got a temperature warning on my dash saying it was hot and gauge went straight to highest point when i had only just started car?

hope that helps.:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Yeah i did the change of the sensor without draining the whole system in the end. i just used a syringe to get most of the liquid out of the expansion tank and then as you said bunged up the hole and replaced it.

The reason i got a new one was because the car was saying that the coolant was too low when i started the car occasionally but would go off within a couple of hundred yards. while i did take out the old one though it turned out it was caked in crap so i probably could have just cleaned it and re-installed but i didnt see the point as i already had the new one.

if your getting a temp warning then thats a different sensor and that one is more commonly faulty but im afraid i dont know anything about them - Good luck.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi
Yeah i did the change of the sensor without draining the whole system in the end. i just used a syringe to get most of the liquid out of the expansion tank and then as you said bunged up the hole and replaced it.

The reason i got a new one was because the car was saying that the coolant was too low when i started the car occasionally but would go off within a couple of hundred yards. while i did take out the old one though it turned out it was caked in crap so i probably could have just cleaned it and re-installed but i didnt see the point as i already had the new one.

if your getting a temp warning then thats a different sensor and that one is more commonly faulty but im afraid i dont know anything about them - Good luck.

Thanks
Ken
ok glad you sorted your problem looks like i might need a new sensor ahh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts