Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ive finally given up the battle of wrestling with my indicators and bought a replacement comm unit. Does anyone have an instruction guide / pictures on how to replace the unit ?
(307sw 2ltr hdi 53 reg peugeot part 6242c6)

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
Hardest part will be getting the airbag off be carefull with the 3 connectors under it you pull the centre cap out of the centre of the plug first as this locks it in place then you need to get the bolt out the steering wheel

Once the bolt is loose in steering wheel leave it in do not fully remove it as this will stop the wheel flying off when you pull at it it might be tight pulling and rocking it to work it loose.

When wheel is loose remove the bolt and carefully lift of wheel feed wires through hole

unbolt the 10mm bolt in com unit clamp undo all wires and the com unit slides off although it is clipped slightly by little clips where the clamp is look at replacement you will see them

In typical haynes fashion refiting is reverse of removal :)

Take care with the airbag connectors as they are easily damaged

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this ! Im going to give it a go in the morning. Will the replacement comm unit just work once battery is reconnected or does it need programmed ? It is the correct replacement part number so I'm really hoping it just works.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You have to program it if you got ESP, otherwise no programming is necessary. In case of ESP there is an steering wheel angular sensor, that needs programming.

Holt

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Just had a look and my car does have the ESP button. What do I need to do to resolve this ?
One other question, in the horn fixing instructions (yes another fault with mine ) it states using silicone grease on the electrical contact. I dont have any but do have plenty copper grease. Will this be suitable ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Job done and it seems to have worked a treat. Not sure how to test the ESP to see if it works.It does illuminate the symbol on dash as normal when I press the button and disapears when I press button off again. Hopefully that means its working just fine.Thanks again for all your help ! ! !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts