Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a replacement dash mounted cd changer. My current unit is dead & has Blaupunkt IDC-A04 CAN PSA on the label. There are various units on ebay but described as A09 &/or Van PSA so wil any of these work or do I have to get the exact model?

Could I get an ipod/ external audio connection fitted into the changer plug instead like people do with the 407? I have the RD4 radio/cd unit.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i activated one the other day for a guy called nabeel....all he did was buy a plug that fits the changer hole in the back of the stereo, and on the other end was a headphone lead to plug into an ipod....worked a treat....maybe different to yours but its worth a try...:thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like what I need, any ideas where to get those- I guess it will need configuring by peugeot to get it working?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I shall take a look this evening when I get home.
Thanks, I was looking into buying an aftermarket dab stereo as the last stereo I purchased for this 307 the radio reception was crap so I sold it and re-fitted the RD4 back in. Something as simple as one wire into the back of the RD4 sounds tempting though.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sounds like what I need, any ideas where to get those- I guess it will need configuring by peugeot to get it working?
Not by peugeot but by one of the fine fellas (and lasses) on here who own planet....:thumb:

unfortunately i dont know what it was called...pm nabeel he should be able to tell you....:thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the jack cable looks like my preferred option with a cubby tray where the cd changer is.. It has occurred to me that the cd changer is not set up to the head unit though= the slots light up orange so something`s getting through the cable..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi I heard my name being mentioned. I am selling an aux connection for the rd4 head unit you can have it for a tenner it cost me 12 I think. I have bought a Denison gateway 100 instead I find that to be much much better. Thanks elmafud for the cd changer activation

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am in need of a replacement dash mounted cd changer. My current unit is dead & has Blaupunkt IDC-A04 CAN PSA on the label. There are various units on ebay but described as A09 &/or Van PSA so wil any of these work or do I have to get the exact model?

Could I get an ipod/ external audio connection fitted into the changer plug instead like people do with the 407? I have the RD4 radio/cd unit.

Right, so could it be that my CD changer is working but not original & not activated at the rear plug? All I get is the slots illuminating but nothing else, CD just push in & had to remove the top to get them back out. I really need my logbook to come back so I can get hold of the previous owner to find out more....

So what connector works best for controlling ipod, but also normal 3.5mm jack for other sources like laptop for the kids to watch films with sound through the speakers?

Thanks guys...

I

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought a digital changer by YATOUR , plugs into the back of the RD4 which in my C5 will display 15 CD's each holding 99 tracks . the unit itself is capable of 99 CD's but is limited by the head unit . this cost me about £40.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, if you still have it please pm me with details for me to pay for it & I`ll give you address for posting, Cheers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts