Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can any one advise on how to replace the switch, all 3 brake lights have gone and the fuse is ok TIA

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi can any one advise on how to replace the switch, all 3 brake lights have gone and the fuse is ok TIA
If its the same as my 307 the brake switch is in the passenger footwell mine cost about a fiver from ECP Screw old one out unplug and screw new one in. If you have cruise control that probably does not work until you fit new switch

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, do you need to get someone to press the brake pedal before refitting (read that some where)?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can't imagine why (but I could well be wrong). If the switch isn't working why would pressing the brake have any effect? You will probably need to adjust it's position in and out after fitting so that the pedal operates the switch firmly but not too much.
What I mean is you can press the switch till you hear it click then the button (or whatever) will travel some more. You don't want it to be pressed to the end of its travel. Enough to operate the switch under light braking and then a bit more but not so much as to bottom out the switch under heavy braking.

·
12,141 Posts
Compare height of plunger on the old switch and adjust new one to suit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts