Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Searched but couldn't find anything relevant.

Are the boot struts for the 2009-2017 model the same as the 2017+ models? They look the same in photos and installation videos, but cost quite a bit less... Thinking about just ordering on Amazon and returning if they don't fit, but thought it might be easier to ask here first.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,334 Posts
Have a look at the existing numbers on them, 0420N would be force in newtons for the existing struts. You can go with higher Newton force but not lower one. I had to go with higher newton force due to increased weight from sound deadening material, for example (4007).

Measurements are taken as shown for strut lifters. Most decent manufacturers actually provide this information to allow you to make a match.

Eye Office supplies Human body Writing implement Font

Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, the older ones have a 590NM strut but the MKII have a 455NM. I've abandoned the idea of using the older struts since I've managed to find a pair of what are listed as MKII ones that are a similar cost. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
There is every possibility it wont hold the boot up with the MK11 as the number is lower. You need something higher or it may struggle to hold it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts