Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to break the bonnet release handle (too much stuff in the car on the way to the tip!) and although I've got a new one, it only comes complete with a cable attached and it looks like you have to replace the whole thing. I can see how most of it comes out, but it looks like there's a cable clip underneath the battery, which is going to be a bit of a pain to get to.

Has anyone replaced one of these and has any tips?

Thanks,

Graham

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't look easy...

Yes, that was my plan too, however the outer of the cable seems to be "welded" to the plastic frame of the lever, also, it doesn't look like it's going to be very easy to get the "ball" end of the cable out of the lever without breaking lever out of its surround.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Graham

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't try this at home, children...

The sticking point is one clip underneath the battery box, which needs to be removed to get to the clip. First disconnect the three connectors to the ECU and remove that. Next disconnect and remove the battery. Then unclip all the various pipes and cables that are attached to the battery box. Remove two bolts in the bottom of the box and remove it. by pulling it forward from the rear mountings. Now you can get to the problem clip on the bonnet cable underneath the box on the side rail of the body.

Moving inside, unclip and pull off the plastic panel covering the left sill. Remove about five screws holding the glove box in (you don't need to separate the door, take the whole lot out in one piece) and take the box out. You need to disconnect the glove box light and the air bag switch. Then you can just about get to the whole run of the cable.

I recommend attaching something to the bonnet end before pulling it through to the inside to make sure you can get it back through again! The reverse the process :)

Total time about two and half hours.

Graham

1 - 4 of 4 Posts