Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the battery is coded on the 3008 (63 plate) and therefore have to be done at a garage or can you change it yourself?
Thank you

·
3,792 Posts
HI...you dont mention the engine size/fuel...you can change it yourself...but dont forget the 3 min rule..type/size is important but all battery suppliers will be able to tell using the reg number.probably type 096

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you - its diesel 2L Allure model. I know nothing about the 3 minute rule - what does that mean please and thank you!

·
3,792 Posts
Just to ask....are you sure the battery is faulty...after working at a firm that supplies batteries,you would be suprised at the amount sold unnecessarily because of poor diagnosis.....

·
Registered
2012 3008 & 2018 208
8 Posts
I recently swapped mine, it’s a bit tricky due to the location of the battery being close under the top of the engine bay, but with suitable socket set it’s doable

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently swapped mine, it’s a bit tricky due to the location of the battery being close under the top of the engine bay, but with suitable socket set it’s doable
I also did mine on my 2.0HDI 150 and would add get a battery with fold down handles to help with fitting and add to 3 minute rule to remove rechargeable torch and boot light lamp bulb or BSI reset may not work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts