Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it difficult to replace the front struts on a 1994 306 Peugeot.
Also, do I have to realign the front end after doing so.?
Narchie.

·
2,965 Posts
HI...welcome to the forum....i've moved your post to the '307' forum as it relates to a specific model....have you tied the 'search'box on here....welcome again
or here:

·
Registered
901 Posts
That video above is for a 307,not the same as a 306. The 306 procedure is very straight forward. Disconnect the drop link from the strut.Slacken the bolt at the top of the hub carrier and pull out the strut. Remove the three top strut nuts on the inner wing and the strut assembly can be removed. Mind you as everything is 24 years old it won't be as simple as that,particularly removing the strut from the hub carrier.You may find it necessary to disconnect the bottom ball joint to get the strut out of the hub carrier.It will be seized for sure,so a wedged shaped tool may be required to open up the fitting.
When doing all this be careful not to pull the driveshaft CV apart or pull it out of the diff' on the near side.

When the strut assembly is on the bench you will need a coil Spring compressor to remove the top mounting.When refitting the mounting and Spring to the new strut make sure that it's all assembled correctly. It's possible for the top mounting and bearing to get misplaced.

In theory when carrying out this job the tracking has not been altered,but as always its a good idea to check the tracking after any suspension job.

·
Registered
848 Posts
306 was legendary for not needing tracking..... the suspension was taken apart several times..... and never needed tracking :D

It's easy to work on but be careful of seized bolts. I would buy new top hats and drop links. Get a couple of ball joints if yours look worn because while it is out..... it's much easier / cheaper to replace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts