Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
My turbo has gone on my 207 , oil is leaking through and is coming out through the flexi pipe on the exhaust, I have taken off the air inlet pipe and there is oil in it and on the air inlet of the turbo

My question is where is the best place to get a replacement from and what sort of cost will it be

·
6,474 Posts
How much oil are you getting (is it causing smoke running on etc), some oil is always present due to the way the breather system works and is not a symptom of turbo failure

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am getting a bit of blue smoke when running but more concerning is the oil getting through to the exhaust and dripping from the flexi pipe
it isn,t running on as yet but I am also getting a little puff of blue smoke from the turbo itself when the car is running and warming up

·
Registered
7 Posts
turbo failure mean loss of power, a noise when you rev the engine around 3500 rot/min and a lot of smoke ...
leaking oil is possible to be from a banjo bolts or from the return pipe from the turbo to the oil filter. If you can, post a photo.
The cost to replace a turbo is vary from £250 to £800 depending the garage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turbo failure mean loss of power, a noise when you rev the engine around 3500 rot/min and a lot of smoke ...
leaking oil is possible to be from a banjo bolts or from the return pipe from the turbo to the oil filter. If you can, post a photo.
The cost to replace a turbo is vary from £250 to £800 depending the garage.

There is no power loss but there is oil on the air inlet pipes and also inside the turbo , the exposed part when you take the air pipe off, also oil leaking from the flexi pipe on the exhaust, nothing is running down from the top of the engine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Always is some oil inside the turbo or on inlet pipes and is nothing to worry if you engine oil consumption is in limit of 500 ml to 1000 ml for 10000 miles.
If the flexi pipe is leaking you need to change the pipe and the banjo bolts but first check if the leak is not from washers from banjo bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts